Released Cessni's Smoke Mod 3.2

Clean, realistic high quality smoke texture.

1. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

cessni submitted a new resource:

Cessni's Smoke Mod - Clean, realistic high quality smoke. Best used with my enhancer.

Read more about this resource...

2. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

Sorry but the original one looks better i think this one looks like dust or something sorry we dont need "better" looking smoke mod thats not what we want as me i love drifting in beam and there isnt enough smoke i think we want more smoke mod :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

Cessni. I love the add on mods for your graphics. I think your sun mod is spot on and provides a nice realistic look. This mod, however, needs some work. It doesn't even show up in the game. My tire smoke is gone. What's unfortunate is that it also doesn't sshow up in the mod manager so that I can remove it. Please fix at your earliest convenience, as I realise this is only beta. As for rand0m dude, let's give some constructive criticism other than just saying that we don't need Cessni's mods. Because II think they are great. If you want to make a suggestion to him to increase the amount of smoke, that's fine. Just be kind about it! And do use some form of punctuation once in a while.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SmokingTiresGaming

SmokingTiresGaming
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if u felt that i wasnt kind:D im just texting so fast becouse im having pool party 24/7 in somewhere south:D when i get back to cold finland i have a bit more time to text :D sorry cessni that i was a bit harsh ;)thats just my opinion and i know that some other people feel also like it:D

5. airman426

airman426
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I see.

6. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

No problem guys! New smoke is out! Actually the first release was a fail I was very tired and didn't think right. I actually hated it too lol @rand0m dude

@airman426 Thanks a lot for your words I accept criticism, I think it is good to improve my work so no problem at all guys I know it was a fail. I hope you like the new one. Thanks again.

If you can't see the smoke, it must be because of other mods conflicting. When this happens to me I move the entire mods but the one that is not working out of the mods folder and then I run the game. You should see the smoke now. Now it's your work to know which mod is conflicting with mine. For this, start adding mods to the folder, lets say 10-20 at the time so you know which one it is. I hope this helped.

http://www.beamng.com/threads/commu...pload-a-file-button.1141/page-870#post-324894

#6 cessni, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

#7 cessni, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  8. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

Can you please just make everything into ONE thread or just don't upload to the repo because it makes threads and it takes up space please. Or get someone to merge them all please.

9. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

That is how the devs made it. Talk with the them about that.

10. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

Hopefully they'll fix it someday.

11. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I'm sorry it looks spammy. Maybe when I have lots of textures I make a single file and of course delete the other mods and corresponding threads, but I don't know if it is possible as people will not be able to choose which particle/texture they want so the devs wouldn't allow it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

There is nothing to fix.

1 thread = 1 resource.
    Each thread has it's very own resource. Not possible to merge resources in one thread.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

14. Eli_Audi

Eli_Audi
    Expand Collapse

Hi Cessni, the mod does not produce any smoke from my tires. .... can you give a tipp?

Reamark: also when I don't have this mod active, there is for a few days now on my application no smoke from my tires any more visible. do you know how to activate this feature generally?

LG
    Eli_Audi

15. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

Move the whole C:\Users\username\Documents\BeamNG.drive folder to another location, say, your desktop. Run the game. If you have smoke now, you need to move mods back into the again created folder, but most probably one of them is breaking your game. Try putting only my mods first and you should see the new smoke.

16. Eli_Audi

Eli_Audi
    Expand Collapse

Hi Cessni, we copy the folder, or do we have to move it really? it is 10 GB ,,,

one more remark: the smoke of the tires disappeared after installing your
    Cessni's Tire Mark Mod 1.3

and it did not come back after removing this tire mark again.

... the 10 GB copiing takes 30 min ... still not ready...

LG

Eli_Audi

17. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

The only way to solve it is to move that whole folder somewhere else, and then launch the game and close it. Then install ONLY my mods.

18. Eli_Audi

Eli_Audi
    Expand Collapse

Hi Cessni,

thanks for your tipp to move the application, now the smoke from the tires is back :)
    We are happy ....

LG

Eli_Audi

• Like Like x 1
  19. cessni

cessni
    Expand Collapse

Glad to hear :)

20. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... I like this mod, but I have had to work with it a bit. To begin, the smoke is such a light grey, it clashes with the road textures and is very hard to see. Second, the odd shape of the smoke is duplicated several times in game, and swirls around. The size needs to be a bit bigger, and more round, not so much like an irregular shape. I love the mod, but not to be mean, I'm going back to the original smoke that I made, which should be getting approved soon...having a bit of trouble...sorry that that was off topic. The last thing that I personally don't like is the way that the smoke works. Its way too much like a plume of smoke, not a small cloud, and it's rather weird looking. This kinda goes back to to my second point about the shape. I think a lot of time has gone into this, and I hope you continue making mods. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice