1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Change in FPS!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _Divine, Apr 13, 2016.

1. _Divine

_Divine
    Expand Collapse

So today I loaded up BeamNG and decided to play on the East Coast map and a few days ago I was getting 45-80FPS solid on highest settings and today I was getting 35-50! I have recetnly got a new pc and it`s a high end! I`ll give you the specs below:

• GTX 960 4GB
    • FX 9590 5GHZ
    • 2 TB Hard Drive
    • 200GB SSD
    • 16GB Ram
    I don`t want intel fanboys trying to criticize the AMD! I love my fx 9590 and i`m fine with it. This was an early birthday gift that cost a lot of money! Could it be the fact I was running my internet browser in the background???

2. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

the graphics engine itself isn't very well optimized (yet?)

I'm also experiencing horrible lag on eca with my gtx 970 with ssao off and all the stuff. and your cpu is fine!

the only way to have a smooth gameplay right now (for most people) is turning the graphics settings lower. or just wait for a new update that might fix performance issues

edit : also , you could try to delete cache

3. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Your computer isn't all that high end. A 960 will get the FPS you are describing on medium-high GFX settings. Also, I'm not an Intel fanboy (I'm looking forward to the Zen architecture), but the FX-series CPUs have horrible single threaded performance compared to Intel CPUs of the same price range. Check to make sure that your GFX settings haven't been reset.

• Like Like x 2
  4. _Divine

_Divine
    Expand Collapse

My PC IS High-End. Plus I fixed it. It was just a program running in the background.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

It fundamentally is not. Though its more than adequate.

6. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

It really isn't. You've got a vastly overpriced CPU and a mid-range GPU. Currently, this can be considered a high-end computer. It has a flagship GPU, along with one of the best consumer grade CPUs on the market. It has a boot SSD and a 1TB HDD for primary storage.

7. _Divine

_Divine
    Expand Collapse

I have a two tb hardrive.

8. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

and relevance? Hard drive doesnt impact anything more than how many files you can store.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

And? That has nothing to do with performance. It's storage, not processing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. _Divine

_Divine
    Expand Collapse

The person who built classed it has high-end. I have also been talking about my pc with some friends who also p
    Jeez. IT`S HIGH END! The person who built it classed it as high end! My friend said it`s high end.

11. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

You're friend is wrong. So is the person who built it. The GTX 960 can not be classified as high end. Period.

• Like Like x 1
  12. _Divine

_Divine
    Expand Collapse

Mid-High is what I thought at first.

13. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

AMDs highest end processor is considered by most techs mid range at best. The NVidia GTX960 while a perfectly good card for gaming on is considered by NVidia themselves low-mid range. Its literally the tier above entry level (950).

Your PC is not bad by any means and will run the game with 4 vehicles easily, heck just through raw clock speed even the T series should be fine. Its just it fundamentally is not a high end machine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ottiemans

ottiemans
    Expand Collapse

My framerate is not much better with a 970 (like ninetynine said).
    I'm quite certain that a 960 is in fact not a high-end video card, it's mid-range at max. You usually hear the term high-end from the 980 and up, though in rare cases the 970 is included as well.
    (Of course this only counts for gaming as a 960 is ridiculously overpowered for daily browsing, but that still doesn't make it any more high-end...)

15. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

You have a mid-range computer. It's enough to play BeamNG, but it can't be considered high end because of the ancient CPU architecture and the GPU.

• Like Like x 1
  16. _Divine

_Divine
    Expand Collapse

I`m not arguing anymore. It`s mid-high end. End of this argument which is p1ssing me off quite A LOT.

17. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

My mid range Intel CPU beats your "high end" AMD CPU in almost every aspect, and, most importantly for BeamNG, in single core performance. Just accept it, AMD doesn't make good CPU's. It's not BeamNG's fault AMD runs like crap on the game, because the CPU's are crap. If you don't want to belive it, read into it a bit http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4460-vs-AMD-FX-9590

• Like Like x 2
  18. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

It is mid-end... I don't see why this argument even exists.
    it's has an entry level enthusiast GPU, an AMD cpu and a pretty substantial amount of ram, but it's not a $2000+ build by any means.
    --- Post updated ---
    ... That's a load of crap, it's not that they don't make good CPUs it's that in the last decade they havn't had any profoundly amazing architecture and most of their stuff tanked off the deep end. Zen is coming along and there is a good chance it could come back and make AMD relevent, however evidence shows it won't be better then Intel, but they won't have to go broke selling them at bargain bin prices, with massive clock speeds and horrible performance/to energy consumed if it all works out.

It's said to be 40-60% faster in single core performance then there previous CPUs and intel is about 60-70% faster or something like that in IPC.

I'm not an AMD, Intel or Nvidia fankid, I just don't want to see AMD die and be looking at overpriced hardware with no competition and everyone playing it safe for the next two decades.

• Like Like x 3
  19. _Divine

_Divine
    Expand Collapse

F*cking hell. I`m happy with my pc for gaming. I do PLAY OTHER GAMES!

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

and you have every right to be. Nobody ever said the computer was fundamentally bad. It will game just fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice