1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Changning the power and handling of a car.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by bobbiz3, Aug 5, 2013.

1. bobbiz3

bobbiz3
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to do this? ROR featured it and was pretty easy. Anybody know?

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Open the .jbeam files with any text editor. You can change stuff like RPM and torque in the engine file of a car, and edit the friction of the tires in the wheels_F and wheels_R files.

3. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Thanks Gabe, I can have a go at (with all due respect) making the 'super' a lil more controlable at high speed. NOT THAT YOU HAVEN'T DONE
    AN AMAZING JOB ALREADY! :D I let you know how it goes ;)

4. Smelly Hobo

Smelly Hobo
    Expand Collapse

Do u get better handling the higher the value or the lower? sorry if i sound 'noobish' i'm not used to editing the handling of vehicles in games by a friction value :p

5. AceDeucey

AceDeucey
    Expand Collapse

I haven't tried changing values in this game, but I know that in the real world higher means stickier.

6. chrkii

chrkii
    Expand Collapse

Yes higher friction = better.

You can also try to modify the torque values in the engine jbeam files, lots of fun :cool:

7. Smelly Hobo

Smelly Hobo
    Expand Collapse

Thank You! i will now have to do this to the pickup seeing as it had terrible handling in my opinion, No offense BeamNG :p

Keep Up The Great work!

8. Fontan75

Fontan75
    Expand Collapse

From the various testing I have done, reducing the friction of the engine from 20 to 5 will improve the acceleration of the vehicle. Increasing the friction from 20 to 30 slowed acceleration as well as lowered top speed. I have tried this with multiple engines with the same outcome. - Hope this helps.

9. Thomas Gillen

Thomas Gillen
    Expand Collapse

were are the .jbeam files located

10. Funky7Monkey

Funky7Monkey
    Expand Collapse

Christ this is a massive bump. Take a look at the dates please.
    To answer your question: they are located in the vehicle's files. A zipped folder in either steamapps\BeamNG.drive\Content\vehicles for official vehicles, or in your mods folder for mods.

11. Thomas Gillen

Thomas Gillen
    Expand Collapse

Thank you and sorry bout not looking at the top of the tread

12. ICECREAM

ICECREAM
    Expand Collapse

from what I remember from my modding in ror the higher value you set the stickier you get with the wheels. I don't know if it has changed here in beamng but In ror it was wheels_f for the front wheels and wheels_r for rear wheels.

13. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

You replied to almost 3 years old post. Please pay a little bit more attention :)

14. [GFL] Alucard_DK

[GFL] Alucard_DK
    Expand Collapse

i've tried this for a couple of days now and i cant save any of the .JBEAM files i've tried to unpack the .zip folder then edit and save it and then pack it again and put it in the game but still no luck any suggestions?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice