Cancelled Charmand Cuatro

Discussion in 'Land' started by TechMechanic, Feb 17, 2018.

?

What version should I create? (see images below)

Poll closed Feb 24, 2018.
  1. Sedan

95 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. Van

42 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Pickup

23 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. xBeTox

xBeTox
    Expand Collapse

Ohh, thank you! I was very curious to know lol, and if you don't bother answering some questions, I have only one more: When is it at least estimated for you to launch the mod?

2. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Judging by the fact that it is his firs mod it would be good if he would finish it in about 4-5 months as the closest in game car to it is the miramar which would require a full redesign.

3. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

No clue, considering I have never made a mod before. But I would like to have it finished in 6 months and if it takes any longer I will need to rethink some things. Also I am not working on the car very often, maybe a little a weekend. However until the poll has finished I cannot really start much.

--Afterthought--
    I can start the bumpers and wheels now so that is what i will work on for now

#23 TechMechanic, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  4. xBeTox

xBeTox
    Expand Collapse

Thaaaanks!

5. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of the bumpers... CaptureFbumper.png

6. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It's the model or the Jbeam?
    If it is the Model, then I suggest adding a bit more in the way of detail, and if it's the Jbeam, then wayy less detail.

7. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

It's the Jbeam, and due to the bumper's curved nature that is the least detailed it can be.

8. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Nope :D
    Look at the Burnside's bumper:

JBeam is better if it's slightly less accurate, as it will prevent said bumper from spiking during crashes and helps with performance.
    --- Post updated ---
    The thing that You did would work way better as the model, so your work isn't wasted.

P.S. What program are you using to edit Jbeam? I've tried doing it with blender, but none of the addons that I've found did work for me :( and currently I'm stuck with plain old Notepad++.

9. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Notepad++ is my go-to for jbeam too, also I will now edit the blender model of the jbeam to make it simpler. All of the addons created by the devs are outdated and they should be fixed soon

#29 TechMechanic, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Use NBEditor to look your beams and notepad++ to edit, colors help a lot, example car in NBEditor has color examples. It is in Beam's program dir.

Nodes are your car, beams are just to hold nodes at place as otherwise they would fall to ground, remembering that helps a lot.

I remember this car, it was white in color, I think 1978 or so, I don't understand why they did stop making it as it was really good, except too easy to rust.

11. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

I am basing it off of my friends car, bright yellow and a little door rust. I was hoping it would be a good car to model and it would be easy to make. However I haven't a lot of pictures for specific parts of it.

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Without rust it would not be real :D Neighbor had white one at 1978, I remember sitting in it few times, for the size it had good amount of space.

13. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

If you have access to the Renault 4, I'd suggest finding a shop with a lift and taking pictures of everything you can, every single piece of the engine and the engine bay, underside, interior, trunk, suspension and so on. It will make modelling way easier.

14. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately I do not have a lot of access to it, but after completing the underside it should be easy to model. Cross fingers. Also, could someone please say if you all would like to see a daily update or weekly update filled with pictures, it would help me get feedback and should yield an overall better mod.

#34 TechMechanic, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  15. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

Its interesting when people start out with jbeam first. That is not a bad thing though, because then you don't have to worry about to many glitches when you have the model in first

16. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

The brand is "Charmand". C-H-A-R-M-A-N-D.

Not "Charmund".

17. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, I will fix that

18. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Ok, It has been decided that the sedan will be the body chosen for now, I will update the poll to house a new question: Would you like to see all three body styles or just the sedan? I am aware that if the result is all three the previous poll had no purpose, yet if it pleases people to have all the body styles then that is what you shall receive. After all, there is no point having a mod that no-one wants.
    --Revised--
    Can people please leave their answers in the comments instead as I cannot change the poll post-creation.
    :)

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I think that when you're making a "stock" version of the car, you should include all the stuff that came with it :p

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

If you have time and will to do all, then all :D

Pickup is interesting version for me though, you could try to carry too big loads with it, so if only one in addition to sedan, then I would vote pickup.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice