Cancelled Charmand Cuatro

Discussion in 'Land' started by TechMechanic, Feb 17, 2018.

?

What version should I create? (see images below)

Poll closed Feb 24, 2018.
  1. Sedan

95 vote(s)
    59.4%
  2. Van

42 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Pickup

23 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope you are able to recover most things and keep going (lifewise).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Damn, there have been so many wip mods that are on hold the aria, stryder, blackfoot, this, wow!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry, but what am I supposed to do? I'm still going to be on beam to answer questions but I can't really say much else. Modding is only a small part of my life and that should be how it is viewed for anyone who puts a mod on hold.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

5. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

As long as there is a bright orange I'll be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mad_Cat

Mad_Cat
    Expand Collapse

Orange andalou, Vanille, Bleu metal, Danube blue, Vert Metallise, Red, Rouge esterel, Grey, Sand and safari look good for this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

I forgot this image, i found it on the laptop i'm now using. It is an old jbeam, the new one has more parts, but it at least has a size comparison.
    screenshot_00009.png

• Like Like x 7
  8. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Good news, I was able to use a spare room for the time being and cleared enough time to do more jbeam work.
    Here is the model in-game:
    screenshot_2018-11-10_20-24-04.png
    --- Post updated ---
    Correction, some of the model, only the chassis and body are in game, the seats were jbeamd but the model is not assigned and the doors are the current work in progress. :)

• Like Like x 10
  9. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Not a ton of progress at first glance, but the body has had a major jbeam overhaul, also seats:
    screenshot_2018-11-17_19-26-16.png screenshot_2018-11-17_19-26-36.png screenshot_2018-11-17_19-27-19.png

• Like Like x 14
  10. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely beautiful!

11. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I would use at least 3 rows of nodes, maybe 4 for deformation reasons. If you have two rows, it won't deform well and the weight distribution wouldn't be optimal either.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

Quite right, It does indeed have three rows, but they are at the same z-axis as the counterparts either side therefore hard to see.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

I want to clear a couple of things up:
    1. Go kart is pretty much dead (Now I understand jbeam it's not important) If anyone wants the files, just PM me and take 'em.
    2. Motivation for the cuatro is lacking, I just want it done now. However the model is shoddy to say the minimum. I know that this is my first mod and that I wasn't likely to be immensely happy with it, but I just don't like the model or the mod anymore. This does NOT mean that the mod is being called off, it just means that with all of the crap happening in the real world is putting me off of modding. The suspension from renault 4's do not translate well into beam and there is this balancing act of realism vs beamng working and with that I am fighting an uphill battle. The final thing to say about the cuatro is I will probably never feel happy enough with it to upload it to the repo.

I will be back soon hopefully after things have become less complicated.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

I gave myself some time to think about what I now want to do with this mod. As stated I have a severe lack of motivation and etc. However, considering that I am making this for the community I would like to see if anyone here has ideas or suggestions. I could focus all of my energy into only a few cars, I could make all variations (with significantly less care ad attention given to each individually. Or, heck I could even just restart and use another year to make something I feel more proud of.
    Overall, I'm asking what do you guys want to see from this mod, whether it is vast amounts of configs or detail beyond belief.

15. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

Personally, just a normal Renault 4 is more than enough. I do mean the Cuatro

16. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

Remember that you have no obligation to finish anything for us, it's your life you can do whatever makes you happy.

But if you are planning to work on it a little more I would rather one highly detailed version rather than a range of configs :) (I would personally be happy with either just a sedan or van version)

• Like Like x 1
  17. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

I have fixed this issue, therefore I hope to have a special christmas gift of a rolling chassis for everyone to test soon. The suspension is very close to the real one and only needs a couple tweaks. Finally some good news. :) (Sorry for my last few posts being so negative.)

Also, the seat-oriented cameras have been set up, they allow you to sit in any seat of the car. However when a seat is removed, the camera is also removed. Each camera is locked directly to it's corresponding seat. No repo cars I've seen have this feature.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Αλατοπίπερο™

Αλατοπίπερο™
    Expand Collapse

Yay!

19. TechMechanic

TechMechanic
    Expand Collapse

The baby cuatro is taking it's first steps!
    screenshot_2018-12-03_17-10-24.png
    screenshot_2018-12-03_17-10-39.png
    screenshot_2018-12-03_17-11-18.png screenshot_2018-12-03_17-11-51.png screenshot_2018-12-03_17-11-32.png screenshot_2018-12-03_17-12-01.png screenshot_2018-12-03_17-11-42.png

• Like Like x 14
  20. mantaray19

mantaray19
    Expand Collapse

I would vote for all 3 versions

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice