1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

chinese spammers

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by aeoe, Mar 1, 2020.

1. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

We need some sort of captcha before we create a thread, to stop them. Like, and why do they do this? It has no point because all theese spammers get is "Go commit cancer" or something like that.

Attached Files:

• Screenshot15.png
  2. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

It isn't that easy to stop these kinds of bots. Someone posted a video about these kinds of bots and they can work around pretty much any defense the moderators put up.

• Informative Informative x 3
  3. aeoe

aeoe
    Expand Collapse

oh, thats really bad! Is it really possible to stop them? Just interest

4. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

They advertise then don't post a link.
    --- Post updated ---
    Gotta get to the other side of the screen. That's the real logical way to stop it from not only our forum but every forum on the internet. Keep in mind this is happening to others too right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Oh, spammers will come, spammers will go, I try to stay optimistic on the matter :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OuDacai

OuDacai
    Expand Collapse

Well, strangely they can reply my Chinese comment in English, which means they may not a bot...

7. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I know google are working on Captcha 3 which is super secretive way it works relating to browser activity and I guess a standard Captcha 2 system would work well here to resolve the problem, and I still am pushing for new members to have a 5 minute cool down period between creating threads to stop spam like this from effecting us so badly, if that was the case the 20 threads I see created or more than that over the past half hour would take the spammer 100 minutes to do and in that time they will have been caught and banned after the first post

8. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Very creative thinking there ! :)
    Also if it would take the spammer 100 minutes it will no longer be profitable because it takes too much time hah ! :p

9. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Exactly! 5 minutes per new thread you would get 1 spam message done and then uh oh 299 seconds to wait for the next spam message to go out and by 298 seconds you will be terminated on here

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice