1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Clearing cache erases all mods.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by nick12345, Jan 10, 2018.

1. nick12345

nick12345
    Expand Collapse

I've cleared my cache twice in BeamNG and I was first told by an administrator that it would not do that. It erased all 300 of my mods and I had to redownload them. Recently I was told again, it would not erase it, and it did. Why is this happening.

2. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Are your mods from this site and/or installed correctly?

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

How did you clear your cache exactly?

If your mods are gone, it's possible that:
    - Your mods were installed wrongly ( https://wiki.beamng.com/Installing_Content#Installing_Resources_.28Manual_Method.29 )
    - You wrongly cleared your cache ( ie. You completely wiped the Documents/BeamNG.Drive folder )

In the first case, look for a 'BACKUP' folder in Documents/BeamNG.Drive, in case the game did not removed them completely.
    In the second case, check your recycle bin.

4. nick12345

nick12345
    Expand Collapse

When I launch beamng a little window pops open with the following options: Launch game, Clear cache, Safe mode, Verify Integrity, Support. The clear cache says underneath, "Having problems with textures? Try this then." I've been told by many people that it is supposed to help with engine sounds on certain vehicles and what not, but it erases EVERYTHING so idk what to do about that but i did manage to get everything back. Also the game is extremely sluggish whenever I apply a part in the selection menu, it freezes the game and 20 seconds later it comes back.

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That's correct.

That's not correct.
    More likely your mods were installed in the wrong place (ie. outside the 'mods' folder)

6. nick12345

nick12345
    Expand Collapse

Every one of my 187 mods are in the "Mods" folder.
    --- Post updated ---
    All are from this website.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice