Co Op mode (NOT MUTLIPLAYER)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by blackcobra122, Mar 10, 2015.

1. blackcobra122

blackcobra122
    Expand Collapse

Maybe like a gamemode that allows you to play with friends that play this game on steam and other stuff that is related to co op modes in games.

2. Ckykyro

Ckykyro
    Expand Collapse

Splitscreen something would be cool.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

What you just described is multiplayer...

4. Whippy

Whippy
    Expand Collapse

Local multiplayer :D
    We all know that online multiplayer would be crazy hard to do :D

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Steam to me implies network. Local splitscreen is still multiplayer

6. EpicFaceless

EpicFaceless
    Expand Collapse

There's already a multiplayer mod out for local (same PC) multiplayer. It's not splitscreen, but simply an AI setting where the buttons TFGH act as arrow keys for any vehicles set to that AI. The only drawback is that the main player has to aim the camera toward the second player at all times.

I'm not sure where I found this mod, and I've not been able to find it again. If anyone know what I'm talking about, please provide a link. :p

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

this mod has never existed

like ever

no multiplayer mod of any kind has existed for beamng, if it was really so simple the devs themselves would add it

8. KiloHotel

KiloHotel
    Expand Collapse

That actually sounds extremely simple, so I would not be surprised if it was real, or at least possible with LUA. The devs would probably not release something so half assed.

Edit- When the devs spoke of multiplayer. I'd bet they were thinking of more than 2 people. The problem was it being too bandwidth intensive to sync that much data at once. Maybe a 2 player co op mode that is limited to certain vehicles would be reasonable? Pigeon, Covet, Grand Marshall and D15, since they all seem to have the simplest jbeams. Something is much better than nothing, as time goes on and computers and networks get faster the restrictions could be removed etc.

#8 KiloHotel, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice