1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Collision Woes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Kimmykix, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

So I'm trying to import objects from CityEngine, and I read up on how to calculate collision Models in BeamNG, and it says to rename the collision mesh to "Colmesh-1"...but I have a strange problem. When I generate the collision model, it creates multiple collision models instead..so I obviously cannot rename every mesh the same thing. How can I fix this? Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00073.png
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You have to do that in Blender (or whatever program you use), not in the shape editor.

(imported from here)

Use the template from the wiki (http://wiki.beamng.com/Exporting_static_objects) then you can remove all the stuff you don't need (or that I dont use), like in the picture above.
    Nconcrete is the main object, and I moved it down the start entity, and Colmesh-1 is a duplication (same object, same layer, just copy/pasted) and moved under the Colmesh entity.
    That's how you set up for BeamNG.

3. Kimmykix

Kimmykix
    Expand Collapse

That's good and all... But I use 3DSMax. >.< Well, I COULD use blender too... because I have yet to learn how to use either program. (I'm a n00b to 3D modeling...even though I took 2 years of CAD in highschool...we didn't use Blender or 3DS though)

Also, if you simply copy paste the mesh and make one of them a colmesh...doesn't that cause lag, since the colmesh is just as high poly as the normal mesh? Take note, I'll be importing hundreds of these buildings along with a road system (All in one combines mesh preferably though).

#3 Kimmykix, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  4. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure skiper said he narrowed down the cause of the AMD render bug to using one giant mesh and that splitting it up into smaller ones solved that. think of the AMD fans!

As for the colmesh, I really don't know. If you want a dev response LJFHutch would be the one to ask.

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The colmesh can be whatever you want, it doesn't get shown, it's just for the collision. You can use the same model or a low poly version.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice