Community blog idea

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BaronRedStorm, Sep 27, 2014.

1. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Hmm Just a website idea, Anyway is it possible for a community blog, for example when we announce mods are nearly finished instead of just using the forums for posting announcements, so for example say i made a car and its nearly ready not only i post to announce its nearly ready for release on the forum we can also post on our own little community blog, it's just an idea see what you think.

#1 BaronRedStorm, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  2. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

Punctuation.

3. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

My english isn't best sorry lemme edit it and add the correct punctuation

4. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

So.
    The forum.
    But not called the forum.

5. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Sort of but Only for announcing Nearly finished mods on the community blog as well as the forums.

6. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

So.
    The forum.
    But not called the forum.

7. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

It's not gonna be creating threads it's like those Big posts the devs do sometimes.

8. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I agree with this idea. Rather than creating threads in multiple sections for different things, that are a one-off post or something, we could easily just add it to our personal blog. Then people could just see "Latest Blog Posts" from their added contacts, or find it manually.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

So where's the edit :p
    I get English isn't your first language. But before submitting the post, go back and read it aloud to yourself (of whisper or something). Your lost is just 1 huge sentence without a pause for breath. A comma ( , ) every now and then is quite useful for breaking stuff up, as is a full stop at the end of a sentence.

Oh, something an Indian and an egyptian friend have each recommended as a way to help them improve their English. TV. Lots of TV. English TV shows and not just the usual popular stuff like Dr Who or Top Gear but the boring crap like the news, cooking shows, soaps and the shopping channel. It is all plain English for the native speaker. If you can pick it up, you're sorted. American TV would also work, in which case Game Of Thrones and Breaking Bad are must watches (big series rather than boring crap, but face it, that's a good thing right?). The Indian friend in particular, he learnt English while living in Dubai, he spoke a tiny amount of English when he arrived there, no Arabic, some people there do speak English though so he apparently would watch BBC News.

I myself have no talent for foreign (to me) languages. English or nothing.

10. BaronRedStorm

BaronRedStorm
    Expand Collapse

Ok had a few messages with tdev about the idea we are gonna have to stick to the forums devs delete this thread now its useless

11. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

I can speak for myself quite well, thanks. And no, not going to happen in the foreseeable future, sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice