1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Competition #4 - Stockcar Madness Fastest Lap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SgtSpike, Sep 20, 2013.

1. SgtSpike

SgtSpike
    Expand Collapse

Post your best lap around Stockcar Madness in default (counterclockwise) direction. Measure your time from finish line crossing to finish line crossing. You can use any of the stock vehicles in the game, and cutting corners is fine, but you must follow the general course of the map. You can use the jump, or leave the jump alone and go around it.

I used the Covet Rally. I think, unless the Bolide becomes more controllable, this is the car to give the fastest lap. My lap was about 4 minutes 53 seconds... good luck!

(video should be up soon)

#1 SgtSpike, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Tried a run in the Covet Rally and the Bolide, ultimately went with the Covet. It may be possible to drive the Bolide faster, especially with the way it can fly up steep hills, but I can't reasonably do it as long as my computer experiences as much visual and input lag as it does with BeamNG. With the Covet Rally, I managed to get a 4:27.932 according to my video editor. This track is immensely fun to drive, I just really wish I could experience it without lag. Video should work in about half an hour once YouTube finishes uploading it.

#2 Spec Racer Z, Sep 20, 2013
  3. theWOODman

theWOODman
    Expand Collapse

@SgtSpike

Wow, you handle that track far better than I do. Even my puter lags here and there at certain points in the map especially when I use Fraps to record. The Covet Rally is my favorite too in that I think it's the best handling vehicle in the game.

I gotta see if I can break that record though. I might even risk the jump over dead man's gorge hehe.

@Spec Racer Z
    VERY good driving as well. Nice roll at the ending though lol.

Well here's my sorry attempt. With my serious lag spikes it throws off my mojo. Time was roughly 5:06:39

It would be cool to have multiplayer running eventually. At least I could win by running all of you off the road haha.

#3 theWOODman, Sep 21, 2013
  4. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

how i make my vids smaller file size ?

5. theWOODman

theWOODman
    Expand Collapse

If you upload to Youtube, it will automatically process it for you. You could use Windows Movie Maker as well if you use Windows.

6. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Did another run with the Covet Rally once I realized where the jump actually is. It's quite rough, but as long as you take it around the correct speed and balance the weight right coming off the jump, it can survive with little damage done to the important components. I also did the final attempt at night after some practice runs just to mix things up. Using a video editor to check, my lap came out as a 4:07.062.

Edit: Did a couple more runs with telemetry on to try and get a good run while showing my inputs as I drive. Managed to beat my personal best with a 4:05.512.

#6 Spec Racer Z, Sep 21, 2013
  7. SgtSpike

SgtSpike
    Expand Collapse

Wow, amazing lap times Spec Racer! Well done...! :)

thewood - it's not as good as it looks, I get lag down to 20 fps when recording...! Anything below 25 really makes it difficult to drive for sure.

8. theWOODman

theWOODman
    Expand Collapse

Ah well, you're both still good. It sends my mad skillz to the hills.

Spec Racer Z could win the race, go to the grocery store and pick up a few things, watch TV for a bit and have a beer, and I'm still not over the bridge yet :/ .... :)

9. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Definitely agree on the framerate. It's one of the reasons the Covet is so nice. Its natural characteristics are to pull forward and understeer when you accelerate hard, so you don't have to worry about making nearly as many precise corrections when accelerating at max grip as long as you anticipate your moves well ahead of time. On a steep curvy road covered with elevation changes like this, you have to be constantly correcting and controlling with an RWD car to keep it straight or at the right angle of slip while accelerating anywhere near max grip, something that's nearly impossible to do with input lag or visual lag.

#9 Spec Racer Z, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice