1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Configs Reset ever Game Start

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by myfabi94, Dec 6, 2017.

1. myfabi94

myfabi94
    Expand Collapse

Whenever I change and overwrite Mod Vehicle Configs, they are reset every Game Start.
    For Example: FAIT One Hungary Police Skin + Config has missing Wheels. When I change the Config so it has Wheels again, save and overwrite the old Config, as soon as the Game Restarts it has no wheels again.

Same for the Schoolbus, where I changed the Stock Congfig to a different Engine, as soon as the Game Restarts it's back to the old engine.

I disabled "Automatic Mod Updates" but that doesn't solve the Problem.

2. OttoNL

OttoNL
    Expand Collapse

When you save a config through the parts selector it saves it at Documents/BeamNG/Vehicles/vehiclename/configname.pc
    But the ingame configs are in the program files/beamng/content/vehicles/vehiclename.zip/vehicles/vehiclename/configname.pc

Making a new config with the same name as an old config means that the game sees 2 conflicting files.
    It used to be that it favored the usermade files, if there are duplicates. (IIRC)
    Now, however, it favors the in-game file.
    But they didn't change the config save and load menu to clarify that.

I would just recommend using a different config name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. myfabi94

myfabi94
    Expand Collapse

But I like having fancy Configs with Pics.

4. OttoNL

OttoNL
    Expand Collapse

You can have fancy configs with pics despite this.
    If you place a info_configname.json and a configname.jpg in the same folder as the actual config that should work.
    I would recommend just looking at other info_configname.json's to see what they look like and what's in there.
    There used to be a feature in the game that calculated the vehicle specs, but that has been broken for a while.

(TBH I don't even know if you need the .json file. I'd just start with placing a .jpg with the same name in the same folder and seeing what happens)

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That's not meant, but a bug.
    The game is meant to still give priority to the files in userfolder.
    We found the issue already fixed in for the next update too.

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. myfabi94

myfabi94
    Expand Collapse

Excellent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice