1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configs Reset ever Game Start

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by myfabi94, Dec 6, 2017.

1. myfabi94

myfabi94
    Expand Collapse

Whenever I change and overwrite Mod Vehicle Configs, they are reset every Game Start.
    For Example: FAIT One Hungary Police Skin + Config has missing Wheels. When I change the Config so it has Wheels again, save and overwrite the old Config, as soon as the Game Restarts it has no wheels again.

Same for the Schoolbus, where I changed the Stock Congfig to a different Engine, as soon as the Game Restarts it's back to the old engine.

I disabled "Automatic Mod Updates" but that doesn't solve the Problem.

2. OttoNL

OttoNL
    Expand Collapse

When you save a config through the parts selector it saves it at Documents/BeamNG/Vehicles/vehiclename/configname.pc
    But the ingame configs are in the program files/beamng/content/vehicles/vehiclename.zip/vehicles/vehiclename/configname.pc

Making a new config with the same name as an old config means that the game sees 2 conflicting files.
    It used to be that it favored the usermade files, if there are duplicates. (IIRC)
    Now, however, it favors the in-game file.
    But they didn't change the config save and load menu to clarify that.

I would just recommend using a different config name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. myfabi94

myfabi94
    Expand Collapse

But I like having fancy Configs with Pics.

4. OttoNL

OttoNL
    Expand Collapse

You can have fancy configs with pics despite this.
    If you place a info_configname.json and a configname.jpg in the same folder as the actual config that should work.
    I would recommend just looking at other info_configname.json's to see what they look like and what's in there.
    There used to be a feature in the game that calculated the vehicle specs, but that has been broken for a while.

(TBH I don't even know if you need the .json file. I'd just start with placing a .jpg with the same name in the same folder and seeing what happens)

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

That's not meant, but a bug.
    The game is meant to still give priority to the files in userfolder.
    We found the issue already fixed in for the next update too.

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. myfabi94

myfabi94
    Expand Collapse

Excellent.