1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Control settings

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Schnoesel, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

So i reinstalled beamng and some controlls are not the same as before and im not able to change them .... as i click on the button to change the control setting the window on disappears but nothing happens ...

2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Click the "Reset All" button located at the bottom of the Options > Controls menu. Then try to bind your controls again.

3. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

like i wrtoe they were reset by reseting the game ... and i tryed it but it didnt help either

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

A simple reinstall of the game will not reset your settings, mods, etc. This is why I've suggested to reset the controls first.

If you haven't already, try the slower but safer route of a clean reinstall.

If you have already tried that and it didn't work, please send a support report.

5. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

so i now did the thing with the support ...
    i already did a cleant reinstall and that resetet my controlls and now i have to send u an ID
    should i do it right here ?
    --- Post updated ---
    oh yeah and sometimes when you restart the game like 1 or 2 things you changed at the controll setings are saved but only after restarting the game ....

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Yeah, post the Support ID you get here.

7. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

oh yeah and sometimes when you restart the game like 1 or 2 things you changed at the controll setings get
    35843 thats the ID

8. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The support report came up almost empty. This means that some external software is prohibiting BeamNG.drive access to write files (such as your control settings).

Make sure you configure all such possible external programs (such as antivirus programs) to allow BeamNG.drive to write wherever it needs.

9. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

The thing is .. sometimes it takes the command and if I restart the game a single setting has changed or when i change a vehicle and the save it the game saves it and its there ,.... the problem is only with the settings and im still trying to find out what antivirus programm or smth like that could cause that do you have any idea how i can search for those programms ?

10. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

11. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

12. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Look for anything that looks like an antivirus in your task bar.

13. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

so the only thing i have now is cCleaner
    ok i checked if beamng would work ... and it stil doesnt

14. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'm afraid I cannot guess what is wrong in your computer that prevents BeamNG.drive from writing files. Try fully deleting your beamng user folder, try disabling any cloud sync services you may have affecting the beamng user folder (e.g. dropbox, onedrive, etc), try a Windows system restore, try formatting and reinstalling Windows itself from scratch, etc.

15. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

hm .... yeah maybe thats it .. ill do it sooner or later and write back to tell you if it worked

• Like Like x 1
  16. Schnoesel

Schnoesel
    Expand Collapse

So i just realized that the game changes the settings i change but only if i restart the game and also only the last thing that i did is getting changed as if the game has no memory and the settings get only changed by restarting the game

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice