1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Coolant temperature 130 Celsius Never Cools Down

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by default0.0player, Dec 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

When a vehicle coolant is overheating to 130C, it will never cools down

Picture shown is a Hopper overheating by driving aggressively(not radiator damage) and even I shut down engine and blow strong wind(Radiator Air Speed 274km/h), the Q Coolant to Air is still 0J.
    BeamNGdrive-014047356-RELEASE-x642018_12_121_59_56.png
    The only way to cool it down is to put it into water, as long as the coolant temp is lower than 129C, the cooling works normally.

2. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

That is because all of your coolant boiled off at that temperature. It would very slowly cool down still, by the block radiating heat to the air. The coolant can't do anything until it cools down.

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It says there "coolant efficiency 0.000" with efficiency of 0 your coolant is not transferring heat anymore. What has happened is what Capkirk says, your coolent boiled and escaped and you know what happens when you run engine without coolant, don't you? :)

4. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I understand, but 200+km/h wind just blow 7J heat out of the block? I mean if you don't have any(effective)coolant, can't it be air cooled by simply blow wind to the engine? Just curious.

5. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

That's 7 joules per frame, so still quite a bit. And also, that engine is meant to be watercooled, it is wrapped in a water and oil jacket that is insulating it and it has no heat sinks, so it will not cool off easily.

6. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

I know what happens when running engine without coolant. But the thing is, if I shut down the engine, no heat will be generated, and strong wind is not enough to bring the coolant to below its boiling point? Just curious cause I found if the coolant is cooled the "coolant efficiency" recover back from 0.000 to above 0.5. This means the cooling fluid is only partially boiled.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for your answer. Later I discovered after very very long time, the engine will cooldown. Looks like the "per frame" is the same problem that the "trip computer" shows incorrect MPG L/100km.

edit:
    TIP: oil cooler do helps a lot

#6 default0.0player, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Well, one does not need to loose all coolant for cooling system to become non functional.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice