1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Crash Tests!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by King Honda, Dec 25, 2016.

1. King Honda

King Honda
    Expand Collapse

First of all, Merry Christmas! And happy one year anniversary of me getting BeamNG Drive!

Second of all, I do lots of crash testing in BeamNG Drive and figured I needed a thread to post them all. Others are welcome to do their own crash testing and post it here too :)

My first round of testing was a series of four crash tests involving the Travel trailer. I attached the Travel Trailer to a Gavril D35 extended cab, and placed a beat-up Gavril H15 Vanster in front of the truck/trailer combo. Then I crashed an Off-Road Roamer into the rear of the trailer at four speeds: 57, 41, 29, and 19 mph.

57 MPH Crash Test:
    The trailer was completely obliterated. Most of the trailer ended up in a crumpled pile to the passenger side of the truck and van; some parts, including the oven, landed on the hood of the truck. The Roamer drove clean through the trailer and ended up on the front-right corner of the trailer base and truck bed, angled at around 30 degrees. The Roamer had minor front end damage; the air bags did not deploy. The truck and van were pelted with debris, but both only suffered minor damage as well. Survival for any occupants in the trailer was judged to be "less than 1 percent", while seat-belted occupants in the van, truck, or Roamer were judged to have a "over 99.9%" chance of survival, likely uninjured or with very minor injury.
    Crash Test Date: August 13, 1999

41 MPH Crash Test:
    The trailer was obliterated, and ended up primarily in the truck bed. The Roamer rolled onto its roof on impact. The truck and van suffered primarily minor damage; the Roamer suffered minor front end damage and a small amount of roof crush. Survival for any occupants in the trailer was judged to be "less than 1 percent", while survival for any seat-belted occupants in the van, truck, or Roamer was judged "over 99.9%".
    Crash Test Date: August 18, 1999

29 MPH Crash Test:
    The trailer was partially detached from its mountings and the contents of the trailer were compressed inside, leaving no open floor space. The van, truck, and Roamer suffered very minor damage. Survival for any occupants in the trailer was judged to be "less than 10 percent" due to the crush of the interior. Survival for any seat-belted occupants in the van, truck, or Roamer was judged to be virtually certain.
    Crash Test Date: August 23, 1999

19 MPH Crash Test
    The trailer was severely deformed, and the bathroom crushed. Despite the deformation, an occupant not in the bathroom was judged to have a survival chance of "80 to 90 percent", but that injuries, possibly severe, were likely. Survival for any occupants in the van, truck, or Roamer was judged to be virtually certain.
    Crash Test Date: August 26, 1999

Attached Files:

• screenshot_02656.png
    • screenshot_02657.png
    • screenshot_02658.png
    • screenshot_02659.png
    • screenshot_02660.png
    • screenshot_02661.png
    • screenshot_02662.png
    • screenshot_02663.png
    • screenshot_02664.png
    • screenshot_02665.png
    • screenshot_02666.png
    • screenshot_02667.png
    • screenshot_02668.png
    • screenshot_02669.png
    • screenshot_02670.png
    • screenshot_02671.png
    • screenshot_02672.png
    • screenshot_02673.png
    • Like Like x 1
  2. alex.tunn

alex.tunn
    Expand Collapse

I do. I think that this is quite interesting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dunkleosteus

Dunkleosteus
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Tony Bamanebaeo is one hell of a jackass. I think it's fairly interesting as well. Just not the perfect subforum for this to be in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ADHDRacer

ADHDRacer
    Expand Collapse

No need to be so rude. If you don't like what he has to say, don't pay attention. Nobody forced you to look at this. The second you realized that you didn't care you should have just gone on your merry way and left well enough alone. Nobody needs rudeness on this forum, so please don't comment "Nobody Cares", because chances are someone does care, and it's mostly just your thoughts.

OT: I believe this is quite interesting. I've just gotten a much better graphics card, so I may be able to post screenshots of crash tests here, mainly because I can now run the game at a much higher (The Highest) setting.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice