1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Crash when loading into Time Trials mode (resolved)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by MisterRocketMan, Jan 10, 2020.

1. MisterRocketMan

MisterRocketMan
    Expand Collapse

My support ticket ID is 65527.

Beam.NG will usually crash with either a 0x00000001 or 0xC00000FD error when loading into time trials mode with any car exported from Automation. Both the level and car appear to load in correctly, but the game will then usually freeze and crash shortly afterward. Loading in with a stock Beam.NG car, then switching to an Automation-exported car using the vehicle selector will not cause the game to crash. Similarly, switching to a car exported from Automation using the Time Trials menu after the level loads in successfully will usually (but not always) not cause the game to crash. Closing all other running programs reduces the frequency of crashes, but does not cause them to go away completely.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Can you provide some steps to replicate the issue?
    Specifically, the time trial you are using, and share one of the Automation vehicle you have issues with?

3. MisterRocketMan

MisterRocketMan
    Expand Collapse

The latest car that this bug occurred with is attached below, though the crash appears to happen for all Automation cars. The crash occurred when loading into Hirochi raceway (though, again, this crash appears to happen for all tracks.)

The ticket ID for an example of the 0x00000001 error mentioned is 65528.

Attached Files:

4. MisterRocketMan

MisterRocketMan
    Expand Collapse

Any updates? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game multiple times, clearing the caches... nothing (besides closing all of the other programs open at the time) seems to prevent these crashes.

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It may be related to a crash we fixed recently.
    Can you make sure your game is updated to 0.18.4.1 and see if it still occurs?

6. MisterRocketMan

MisterRocketMan
    Expand Collapse

Just had a crash under the same circumstances while running 0.18.4.1. The support ID of this latest crash is 66037.

EDIT: And just had a 0xC00000FD STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW crash - support ID is 66107.

#6 MisterRocketMan, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  7. MisterRocketMan

MisterRocketMan
    Expand Collapse

A new tidbit of information - kept an eye on the resource monitor in Task Manager while loading into a new map with an Automation-exported car. The CPU usage jumps up to a very high percentage overall (>95%) before Beam's usage suddenly crashes to less than 10%, usually hovering between 2-5%. Memory usage remained at above 90% for the duration.

These crashes are relatively new. Based on my browser history, I'd guess they began appearing a little before 12/14/2019 (just after the 0.18 update?)

8. MisterRocketMan

MisterRocketMan
    Expand Collapse

Just had a crash with a car that wasn't exported from Automation; as such the title has been updated. Support ID for this crash is 66583. Occurred when loading into WCUSA with the Bluebuck.

Edit: Apparently deactivating and reactivating all of my mods fixed the crashing, so I'll mark this as solved (even though I'm not sure exactly how or why doing that resolved my issue.)

Edit 2: Apparently it didn't solve anything, never mind.

Edit 3: Deleting the contents of my settings folder solved the issue and brought some performance improvements as well. Not sure why.

#8 MisterRocketMan, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MisterRocketMan

MisterRocketMan
    Expand Collapse

Had to reopen the thread, sorry to lead the support team on like this.

Deleting the contents of my settings folder makes the game run smoothly in Time Trials mode for only the first time the game boots up. Every time afterwards, the game crashes shortly after TT mode finishes loading.

This occurs even with no mods installed.

An example of this crash yielded logs under support ID 66619.

Sorry again for not testing more thoroughly last time. Are there any clues as to what might be causing this in the crash logs? I tried switching to the workaround branch and the same kind of crash is still occurring.

#9 MisterRocketMan, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  10. MisterRocketMan

MisterRocketMan
    Expand Collapse

Not sure exactly why, but I tried giving clearing my cache again a go and it seems to be working? I wish I knew why, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

EDIT: Aha, it looks like the real workaround is to load into your first map using lowest graphics settings, and then adjusting the graphics to the desired level afterward.

#10 MisterRocketMan, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  11. quavosh10

quavosh10
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for finding workaround on this. But we all know that devs should look into this problem as high priority. It kills fun in game if you have issues with one of the core game features. Unfortunately, devs are not to much keen about this issue i see. With all do respects to devs of such an unique game, but this issue is quite long in game, since graphical update on lightning i think.

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We have been unable to replicate the issue so far, and only seems to occur to specific cases, it's not widespread.

If you know precise steps on how to, please let us know.
    Provide links to the Automation mods you tried, cos the one we downloaded / exported did not present that issue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice