1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

1. JamesNotBond

JamesNotBond
    Expand Collapse

I have been observing that in crashes, vehicles bend and parts detach. But when I see crash tests in real life, I see that the vehicle doesn't actually just bend and parts detach and stuff, I see that there is a lot of debris and twisted metal.
    Watch this video and you will know what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuYS6mx5Pt8

This simulator is almost perfect, it's amazing and incredible but we can always improve right? In crashes there's not only parts bending and detaching, you know? There is a lot of debris on the ground and on the car. In frontal crashes you can see that the front is chassis exposed and twisted metal all over, and engine pieces, and leaks and pieces of tire you know? The front of the car is black when crashed, because of so many debris. So the question is: Will you (the developers) do this? A lot of debris and particles, and pieces of the car flying all over the place, you know? The damaged part is normally all black which normally is the metal.

2. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Chances are the devs will do this the traditional way, by using graphics particles. They're all those little things that fly everywhere in games (sparks is a good example in car games, bullet casings in shooters) but you can't actually interact with. They can be made to interact with terrain, but are usually set to despawn after a while. (If you ever play Minecraft, the sprint nuggets and torch/fire smoke are examples of graphics particles interacting with the environment.)

3. JamesNotBond

JamesNotBond
    Expand Collapse

What I mean is that in BeamNG the crashes are mostly just bending and detaching, but in real life crashes, the place where the car is damaged (let's say it's the front), it's more twisted, black metal, with wires hanging from it. The cars in this simulator, when they have no bumper, you can't see the wires and all that stuff in the car. In BeamNG it looks like cars are made of rubber. I'm not saying in any way that BeamNG is bad, but we can always get better right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice