Solved Create a new engine

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Aleferna_dls, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Aleferna_dls

Aleferna_dls
    Expand Collapse

Well, as I´m creating a new update for my configuration pack, I want to know how to create a new engine for example, for the covet. I tried to create one following the existing tutorial, but it doesn´t work, and what´s worse, COVET DISSAPEARS!!! When I tried to spawn it, there wasn´t covet. So... If anybody could help me... I´ll be very thankful.
    Thanks before all and cheers :D

2. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Did you mess with the actual file? Try clearing your work on the Covet file. Then copy the engine jbeam to something else like your mods folder.

3. synsol

synsol
    Expand Collapse
    QA Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hi , most of the time , if the vehicle disapear , it's about an error on the jbeam file , and most of the time it could be a coma ] error , if you use an advanced text editor (like notepad++ witch i recommend) it's easy to check this following the colors
    8d0abd2481768633d8b7b53eb00d8f33.png

don't worrie it's a common issue while modding , i also recommend you to make little change step by step ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

you can also provide us the file to give us the opportunity to have a closer look! ;)

5. Aleferna_dls

Aleferna_dls
    Expand Collapse

I'm not now at home, so i'll probably upload the file at 5-7h (17:00-19:00).
    Thanks and cheers

6. John Beat

John Beat
    Expand Collapse

Ive had this problem before and have you tried adding a config or something related to a separate engine option turbo, supercharger, etc.

7. Aleferna_dls

Aleferna_dls
    Expand Collapse

Here you have the file. I think that the problem is in the necessary things to add. So.., what should include appart of the .jbeam file?

Attached Files:

8. John Beat

John Beat
    Expand Collapse

Idk The engine has things it dosnt necessarily need but heres my covet engine edit to compare its fully functional.

Attached Files:

9. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Hey,

it just seemed to be a parsing error. It's working now. I remove the first 'hatch_engine' line and got rid of a comma at the end. Use notepad++ and it's compare plugin to check the exact differences ;)

Cheers!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Aleferna_dls

Aleferna_dls
    Expand Collapse

Thanks everyone!! :D But another (The final) question... How do I use the comparer tool?
    Cheers :D

11. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Go to Plugins -> Plugin Manager -> Show Plugin Manager. Search for 'Compare' plugin and check the box. Open both files and then Plugin -> Compare -> Compare ;)

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice