Crime in your area

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Erik.s, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Erik.s

Erik.s
    Expand Collapse

I decided to make this thread after we had our 4th robbery of the year this week.
    I will start off by posting a few YouTube videos from our house where thieves were chased away, caught and where they were successful.

This video is a bit long and boring as it was made for police evidence

#1 Erik.s, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Erik.s

Erik.s
    Expand Collapse

Re: The Crime Thread

Had another unwanted visitor last night, but the dogs got him.
    Cant see much on the footage

#2 Erik.s, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  3. Erik.s

Erik.s
    Expand Collapse

Re: The Crime Thread

Another post for my me talking to myself about only me having crime in my area thread.

I heard some banging in the street below us this afternoon, I went to go check, 2 cars were standing in a secluded spot, a Hyundai IX35 (getaway car) and a Toyota Hilux (stolen car).
    I asked them if everything is ok, I then saw the tools in their hands ect. and realized what was going on, I run upstairs to get keys for the most appropriate car for a chase, but I was about 40 seconds too late to see which way they went. A few minutes later I returned to the site and got the owners ID and registration papers next to the road and the police confirmed that the car had been stolen.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone just broke my sisters car window and stole her handbag while she was standing at a traffic light, this country…….

4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

I live in a fabulous, ritzy north-shore Long Island neighborhood. Not much crime here. However, close-by, in Huntington Station, there are constant disturbances, police activity, and altogether rotten, bad, derelict, criminals. Lots of crime there. Luckily, I am in a different ZIP Code than those psychos.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Whereas I live over 100 metres from anybody else, that is just 2 houses with a total of 3 occupants between them actually. Next house is half a mile away and the owner passed away on thursday. Next house is a good mile or 2 away and I have no idea who lives there.

Crime? What crime? Theres no-one here.

The town itself. Crime rates are low for UK.

6. RedHorizon

RedHorizon
    Expand Collapse

I live in a fairly low-population area myself. Once had a guy with a large knife try to kick my door in, I backed him off of the porch at gun-point and asked him not to return - he obliged (scared the crap out of me tbh). I've had various tools and things stolen, nothing that can't be easily replaced though.

7. IBsenoj

IBsenoj
    Expand Collapse

Where I live the last crime was 7 years ago; stolen air compressor... I like my neighborhood.

• Like Like x 1
  8. CaffeinatedPixels

CaffeinatedPixels
    Expand Collapse

I live in a trailer park. Last incident I remember was 10 years ago when a meth lab was discovered across the street from us.

9. K3lp_Boy

K3lp_Boy
    Expand Collapse

My friend told me that in his old neighborhood, there was a guy giving out "strawberry Pop Rocks" to kids, and it turned out to be crystal meth.

10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Crime under control in my neighborhood. Concealed carry a bit of a challenge.

AR.jpg

11. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

Well. Hmm. Ah.

My neighborhood is awful for crime and other admittedly wrong things. Where I live is on a plot of land with 4 other houses on it. The guy in the back is a drug dealer is named Rico, with a seemingly endless supply of pot it seems, as traffic is coming in and out all day. A guy pulled in for a bag when me and my sister were waiting for the bus Thursday morning.

On the "avenue" over, Chris Ave, it's a big trailer park really. I have witnessed a scene in now which we call our back porch the "Jerry Springer Memorial". That's for a reason. About a month after we moved in, a woman called "The Indian", Native American of course, she was having a rather large dispute with her family. It escalated into a fight, and the part we saw is when she grabbed a jug of gas (one of those red ones) and poured it all over the trailer's inside. She finished off her beer, grabbed her bag of stuff, and lit up a smoke. She smoked half of it, threw it in the trailer, and it caught. She casually walked away, and the trailer burnt down. We call the porch that because we all in our heads wanted to chant "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" while it was going on.

Further down the road is the local KKK chapter. You can tell easily. These people have Confederate flags all over their chain-link fence, maybe to tell that they are true "Southern good people", and instead to be obnoxious and fear the niggers in their fence with the flags. Haven't heard of any lynchings yet, that's good to hear, so the dealer won't be killed yet.

Across the street, on Chadwick Drive, a charged sex offender lives there, for obviously enough, relations with a child. Black too, let's hope he maybe gets lynched because he's a horrible human being for doing that crime back in 97.

Anything else noteworthy? Homeless people trying to buy my bicycle off me for $20?

Not a good neighborhood in the slightest. I fear a little for my safety, by not going outside, maybe that's why I'm out of shape and ghost white.

12. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I think that's kind of an unfair assumption to make. Someone can be a midly racist redneck and decorate their house to show their pride and not be in the KKK, ya know.
    Also, yeah, I'd watch out. Those people who smoke pot are dangerous.
    I live in a pretty rich, low crime area. All of the problematic people in the area seem to have gathered on my street though. I've seen the cops show up here maybe 5 times in the past year, 3 of which were related to a bitter divorce and never seemed to get violent. One was a couple of cops busting into a different house at like 6am with their guns drawn. Some dude was cuffed and put into the back of an ambulance. Don't know why, and I'm not gonna speculate. The 5th time was a house alarm or something.
    A couple years ago an 18 year old girl was caught curled up in the street in the middle of the night trashed out of her mind. Fire department, police, and paramedics showed up for that one. I think she's cleaned her life up since then.
    A few people got stuff stolen out of their cars a few years ago, but other than that not much really happens out here.

13. adrian2013

adrian2013
    Expand Collapse

Holly sheep dude, you just dropped the N word, not cool at all, and as for you being out of shape you could work at IN your home, as for your paleness, you could come out to your back/frontyard every now and then

14. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

They are though. Mildly racist is just a start with these people on a good day. Also, it's not the customers I'm worrying about, they can all go smoke a few ounces and I won't give a damn at all. The dealer is committing a crime, which is why this thread is here, right?

I was referring to the KKK, I had to, considering that's their one-word vocabulary. I have black friends, etc. I'm not racist. I said the "N word" because these people who live here, man. I also just don't want to go outside, most I do for is to work on my car.

15. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

I live in El Paso, TX to put it lightly. I get chills down my back whenever I go off-post. Yea, military family here. Anyways, I can see the outer edges of Juarez Mexico, which is kind-of pretty at night with all the lights. But I can always here something that is amiss over there. I've seen guys in white vans driving all around the ghetto neighborhoods (most are like that anyway). Why can't I be on the west side? I don't know. All I know is that I am a bit frightened to go anywhere at all at this point.

16. Erik.s

Erik.s
    Expand Collapse

We also have a drug problem in the neighborhood, there is this big old government building full of homeless people and dealers.
    Despite drugs being illegal in the first place it creates another problem: Drugs + poor homeless people = crime to get money for drugs.
    But I must say our neighborhood is fighting back and that building will hopefully be closing down soon.

17. Jester The Joker

Jester The Joker
    Expand Collapse

other than the odd home invasion, dui, or traffic infraction nothing much in my part of florida

18. TommasoItaly99

TommasoItaly99
    Expand Collapse

In my little town of 8000 souls in Umbria (Italy) the last murder was a man who shot the wife in front of everybody...
    In my neighborhood there is a prostitute raper...he always frighten me!

19. nupmuk

nupmuk
    Expand Collapse

The only crime I have ever witnessed or been near is when I was in the building right next to an armed bank robbery.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice