Custom Record/Playback app

Discussion in 'Programming' started by MM1998, Jul 14, 2022.

1. MM1998

MM1998
    Expand Collapse

I came up with an idea for an app to replay controls back to the vehicle. I've come up with a python program that attempts to do this but I'm running into desynchronization between the python program and the game. I would love to learn how to make something like this in game because I see many advantages to it. A long term goal of this idea is to be able to go back to a point in the replay and take control of the car again (either recording and overwriting the original recording, or just playing back without recording) kinda like Forza's rewind functionality. This functionality could, I think, allow the user to effectively control multiple cars at the same time, and allow the cars' movements to be adjusted manually (so in the end, it looks like there are 2 or more drivers driving at the same time).

On a side note of the original idea, I made a little program that copies the controls from one car and plays it through a second car, allowing for some interesting coordinated driving.

Here's a youtube video of what I have so far in Python: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_4e5U49i4k

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice