custom soundfiles help

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Ghost187, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

for a mod im making, i want a breakgroup to trigger a custom soundfile located in the mod-zip.
    how would i aproach this without using lua sorcery?

ive searched for examples and found this in the piano's jbeam:

Code:
    {"deformGroup":"piano1","deformMaterialBase":"piano", "deformMaterialDamaged":"piano"},
            ["piano_top", ["piano_top"], {"deformSound":"PianoSmash1", "deformVolume":6}],
    and this:

Code:
     //{"soundFile":"art/sound/-.ogg","volumeFactor":5,"decayMode":0,"decayFactor":2,"pitchFactor":0,"maxStress":100}
    but i think this uses beamstress instead of a breakgroup. idk.

can someone explain this a little?

like:
    1. where to place it correctly in the jbeam file.
    2. how to setup the filepath if the ogg is locatet within a specific mod-zip file in the mods folder.
    3. basically a brief explanation of each function.

thanks.

#1 Ghost187, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

the most simple way of achieving what i want would be a "deformsound" i guess. but it didnt work with using the datapath.

Code:
    {"deformGroup":"example", "deformMaterialBase":"examplematerial", "deformMaterialDamaged":"examplematerial_dmg"}
             ["examplemesh", ["examplegroup"],[]{"deformSound":"vehicles/examplemod/art/sound/examplesound.ogg", "deformVolume":1.0}],
             {"deformGroup":""} 
    if i replace "vehicles/examplemod/art/sound/examplesound.ogg" with "glassbreaksound1" or "pianosmash1" it works just fine.

"glassbreaksound1" and "Pianosmash1" are SFXprofiles i guess. so i made one:
    Code:
    singleton SFXProfile(example01)
    {
        filename = "vehicles/examplemod/art/sound/examplesound.ogg";
    };
    but where would i put it to work with my mod? would i have to create a datablock or would only a cs. file do?

#2 Ghost187, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  3. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

woah... thanks man, i almost gave up on it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice