Unsolved Custom vehicle not showing up on the cars list

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by Double_Axe, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Double_Axe

Double_Axe
    Expand Collapse

(posting this here again because this theard looks the most appropriate.)
    Hello so I was trying to port a car by following this tutorial https://wiki.beamng.com/Introduction_to_Vehicle_Creation
    but when I tried to open the car in the beamng it only showed up on the mods manager list and not in the vehicle list
    I'll leave the car files below (its not finished since Im not done with the tutorial but at this stage the car should be visible with only beams. Mine's not showing this and I dont know whats causing this problem)
    If anyone knows how to fix this I would appreciate the help :)
    ps I believe I cleaned the cache too

Attached Files:

2. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

You have structured the folder wrong,
    Make a folder called vehicles and put the file thats in the attatched file called “my car” or whatever its called into it and put the vehicles folder in that zip folder,
    Also its freaking massive

#2 a plane guy, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. eggward

eggward
    Expand Collapse

funny this thread was made because i';m having similar issues. i've been following this tutorial (https://wiki.beamng.com/Introduction_to_Vehicle_Creation) and have been trying to get my very experimental little car into the game. i just can't seem to get it to show up in the selector though. when i type in the name for it (it's an Insight) in the vehicle selector, a selection labeled "Unknown" pops up for the briefest moment before going away. here's the file, in case someone can find out what's wrong, because i can't seem to figure it out.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

heres a mostly working version of both of your vehicles.
    you both just forgot a certain file and make sure you unpack the file in mod-manager if you want to see what you have made.

Attached Files:

#4 a plane guy, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Double_Axe

Double_Axe
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I believe that solved my issue

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice