WIP D24 Diesel

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Bald Eagle, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle
    Expand Collapse

It's not done yet, don't know how to get it ingame once it is done. If someone wants to export it for me feel free to do so.

1.png
    2.png

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle
    Expand Collapse

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

This is of D24 etc. that I know of, but as said, it varies by brand, there can be other engines with such code.

VW straight 6 gasoline engine of 70's LT van used same block etc as D24, head was different, can't remember if Quattro 5 pot was same family, might of been something more fresh, but gasoline version of D24 was rather strong. Head was limiting piece.

Everything of that were then actually derived from 1.6l inline 4 (That was used in Golf and Audi 80), with not much modifications other than adding cylinders, that helped to create certain issues within them bigger ones.

Block is easy to make in all variations, other crap needed to model can be then bit of work.

D20 is called CN while D24 is called few other names depending from variation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_discontinued_Volkswagen_Group_diesel_engines#CN

So that you can be certain what you are actually making of :D

5. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle
    Expand Collapse

I'm making the D20 then, the one i'm modeling would be the volkswagen 5cylinder diesel engine that swedes love to put into volvos

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think it was only 1 or 2 first years of 240 series, very short lived, replaced by D24, which is kinda popular in D24T form which can be taken from 940 series and thrown into 240 series.

D20 never got turbo, afaik and is just lame, there are not so many around. Smoke videos on YT usually have D24T I think.

Just want to make sure you are making one you really want to make :p

7. Bald Eagle

Bald Eagle
    Expand Collapse

Both the D20 and the D24 have the same block yeah? if so i'll make another one with a different cylinder head, the D20 can be the "economy" version in game

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Not same, one is 5 cylinder block, another is 6 cylinder block. It is same in sense that 4 cylinder one is like 6 cylinder minus 2 cylinders.

Obviously blocks have different length as pistons have to live somewhere and different amount of details, but they are very similar otherwise.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice