1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

D3D11 Error 887a0005.. Again

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Davi Wendling, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Davi Wendling

Davi Wendling
    Expand Collapse

So I had this error last year of December or a couple months ago, where the game simply crashed when I respawned the car 1 or 2 times. I did some troubleshooting, contacted the team, and got a fix by updating the drivers. The game ran fine and I had fun for at least a few months. When I got back to play for some more, The game crashed again! I've tried clearing cache, verifying the integrity, running it on safe mode, but when I ran it on safe mode, it could respawn more times, but when I crashed the car very badly and respawned the car, it just destroys my GPU!
    I'm sure it ran fine when this error didn't keep appearing all of the time. I also use an Intel GPU, could that be the issue? And I think my laptop is integrated, just like most laptops.

Specs:
    Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    And probably some other info that I don't know.

I'll send a picture of the GPU seconds after the game crashed.
    Here is also the error I copied to the clipboard: BeamNG.drive 0.22.3.0 0x00000001
    GPU.jpg

2. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, that is a 4 core 8 threaded cpu, which boosts upto 4.2ghz, so that really isn't that much of an issue, and spawning at least 4 cars would not cause the game to crash as the cpu is decent..
    As you said, I think the iGpu is at fault, what graphics settings do you run it at?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Davi Wendling

Davi Wendling
    Expand Collapse

Well I run the game at the lowest settings, but as I said earlier, the GPU ran the game fine when the error was fixed.
    --- Post updated ---
    Is there anything I can do with the iGPU?

4. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

I don't think you would be able to overclock the iGpu, best option i think is to maybe upgrade the ram? If you have 4gb, upto 8, if you have 8, maybe upto 16?,

Or, try installing the drivers again? Rollback to previous drivers, see which work best?

5. Davi Wendling

Davi Wendling
    Expand Collapse

Well, the thing is. I already have 16 GB ram installed on my computer. When I first bought it, it had 16 GB ram. Anyways about the drivers: I'm not sure which one could possibly be compatible with my computer because I don't want to damage anything. And the previous drivers were having the same issues in BeamNG.drive, that's why I had to upgrade to a newer version.
    --- Post updated ---
    It's actually 8GB, but its fairly decent for gaming.
    --- Post updated ---
    Is there anything that can help?

• Like Like x 1
  6. ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet

ThatCarGuyDownTheStreet
    Expand Collapse

The game simply will not run well with an igpu... you're gonna be better off getting any cheap used gpu within the $100-200 range.
    That being said, here's your fix: https://www.beamng.com/threads/intel-igpu-crashes-how-to-solve.64298/

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Davi Wendling

Davi Wendling
    Expand Collapse

Thing is, it's integrated, meaning I can't remove it (i think?) so i guess i'll have to get a new driver, but I'm not sure where to get one since i've already upgraded it when this error kept happening earlier.

8. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

There are a few options for egpu but that's a bit too much since it's basically gonna be a desktop at that point tbh... And the fact that even the cheapest ones really aren't 'that' cheap and GPUs are bloody expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  9. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

If you have an integrated GPU, you’re basically out of luck. The game will run quite bad. You can probably hack it together, but it’s not worth your time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Davi Wendling

Davi Wendling
    Expand Collapse

I installed a new driver and I realized I have to wait for it to fully render, which was probably the reason why the game crashed, I loaded the map and quickly crashed the car and respawned too quickly, causing the gpu to crash.
    --- Post updated ---
    I think that's the fix, anyways thanks for trying to troubleshoot my fatal error.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

Hmm, that's probably it then. The GPU probably got overwhelmed by the rendering of the parts and the instant crash too, so it went yeet...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dustin M Montgomery

Dustin M Montgomery
    Expand Collapse

I'm having the same problem. I have a brand new gaming PC with a 3080. Somebody HELP MEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice