WIP Davidbc's test facility (+ random stuff)

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Davidbc, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Well I'm getting started on the map as I realized I didn't have to wait till the game is released hehehe, I'll keep this post updated as I'm making progress. Right now I'm watching some tutorials as the Torque3d world editor is a bit different than the one in Call of Duty, but I don't think it'll be a problem. I'll take as an example the IDIADA facility in spain. It's used by euroncap for it's tests as well as others facilities like this over Europe. You can expect things like this in this map:

(imported from here)

#1 Davidbc, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Re: Euroncap facility for Beamng

Cool idea, I like the idea of having a realistic test facility.

While you're at it, I've been dieing to see some tests like the ones in this video as well. I suppose you might be able to fit them in :)

#2 Mythbuster, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  3. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I will certainly add things like that :cool:

#3 Davidbc, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like it's going to turn out pretty good! I cant wait to try it out, keep up the good work and PLEASE post update pics every now and then to keep it lively! :D

5. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I honestly for a split second thought that image was a BeamNG screenshot, purely reacting to the colours before my brain could analyze the thumbnail properly. LJFHutch really does a kick-ass job with his colour selection.

6. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Ok time for some pictures :cool: I haven't done much today because I've been watching some tutorials, practicing with the editor, installing blender to import the models, etc etc etc. And it hasn't much detail right now, I like to finish the basic structure of the map and where all the things are going to be located and then start placing all the objects to it.

ramp1.jpg ramp2.jpg

That huge box has the size of a car, you can fit a car in it, I use it as a reference.

7. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

That looks pretty awesome!

8. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

ok a little update. I finally fixed a problem I had with the material editor that was setting the same texture to almost every object omg xD. That and finding 3d models over the internet is mostly all I've done today, so I'll post a picture with what I have and some random objects :D. Tomorrow will be pure map making, let's see how much I can do tomorrow.

someobjects.jpg

9. Samsuck

Samsuck
    Expand Collapse

wow! seems like you are serious about this project. I know you just started this but how big are you planning it to be?

10. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

It looks nice but the grass and dirt seems a bit funny, maybe because the grass is so green? Is it astroturf? Other than that I can't wait to use this :D

11. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how big exactly but I wanna have all sorts of test in it so you can test your car in lots of ways :D

hahah I know, it was the first textures I found on google images lol. But don't worry all those textures can be changed in less than a minute :D

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Are those free to use and redistributable?

13. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Yes, and they all have nice detail.

14. disloyalpick

disloyalpick
    Expand Collapse

Can you provide proof that you have persmission? I'm sorry for asking this but, if you happen to take a visit to the RoR forums, you will see exactly why I am asking this.

Also, good luck with the map, can't wait to go romping around on it once BeamNg comes out and it is released. Keep up the great work. :)

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I trust you but it would be nice to see written. Nadeox nearly got accused of that in pro dev screens

16. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

They are all free license (you can use it for whatever you want as long as you don't sell them) and there are 2 other models that I need to give credit to the people who made them, no problem with that, they'll love to see their job in a game (they actually say it in the models description) :D so no problem with permissions.

thx :D. I decided to make a circuit with all kinds of tests, and also a big empty parking lot in the middle of the map with some obstacles in case you just want to crash :D

Here are 2 pictures of the first stage of the circuit, the huge ramp and the off-road track (there are 2 off-road tracks, 1 light with sand for normal cars and then the harder one). But you can always skip the circuit and go straight to the empty parking lot with obstacles that will be in the center of the map. Next step of the circuit I'll make will be something like the last picture.

offroad1.jpg offroad2.jpg isStartPage=true.jpg

#16 Davidbc, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  17. disloyalpick

disloyalpick
    Expand Collapse

Alright I believe you, but coud you tell me the site you used. I just want to be sure as concrete they are not stolen at all. Once again sorry.

#17 disloyalpick, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  18. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

http://archive3d.net/ This website has this terms and conditions when downloading:

And this from blenderswap.com:

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/67283

http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/66818

19. disloyalpick

disloyalpick
    Expand Collapse

20. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Sure ;). The traffic signs have 542 polygons, the cones 270, one road block object has 800 polygons and the other 170, the trees are 1000 polygons average, etc.

#20 Davidbc, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice