1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Dear Devs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Venomox, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Venomox

Venomox
    Expand Collapse

Dear Devs,

As a huge amphibious atv enthusiast and collector I would love to see some sort of working skid steer system in BeamNG. The problem with RoR was that you either had split diffs, or locked. So when you took a vehicle off-road you could either turn and be stuck, or not be stuck and only go straight. We need a system like real life. When both control sticks are forward it drives like locked diffs, and when 1 stick is pulled back it acts like split diffs. In RoR Creak made a fake hydraulics system using hydros, but not all amphibs are suppost to turn on a dime and have instant forward and reverse without a tranny. This may sound confusing but I think you might understand my point.

Thanks,
    Me+lots of people :3

(Example) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow_PkCQ5WfI&list=TLSCSp0L5C4wc

27.png
    6.3.png
    18.png

2. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

i can model you one real quick. although im not a dev, you should see it in the community showroom soon

3. JJscoobs

JJscoobs
    Expand Collapse

Are you dumb crimson? thats his model hes wondering if a system to perform good turning with amphibious vehicles will be implemented

4. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

I don't think you will get a reply until sometime tomorrow, it seems that the devs are maintaining strict forum silence until whatever that clock is counting down to happens.

5. Venomox

Venomox
    Expand Collapse

I modeled those... I'm talking about the in-game n/b system :p

6. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

well you could have told me earlier. im nearly done the thing.
    sorry. i saw multiple pics and thought you wanted someone to model one and put it in engine.

- - - Updated - - -

nice model though. if i may recommend you should put this thread in community showroom

7. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

This will be real simple in BeamNG with a few lines of Lua.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice