Debug branch to collect crash data

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuisAntonRebollo, Aug 28, 2019.

1. LuisAntonRebollo

LuisAntonRebollo
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    Staff Member

We have created a new Debug branch in Steam to help us to collect more data related to the current crashes we have.

Branch: debug
    Description: Debug branch
    Password: qUMpSB3q7vVEKASE

Run the game normally and send us the crash reports.
    If you cant replicate any crashes in this branch, let us know in the thread.
    This branch of the game run slower than default game branches, as it's packed with debug tools

Requirements:
    If you use Windows 10, you must install this additional feature pack:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...nd-visual-studio-graphics-diagnostic-features

Instructions
    To switch to the "Debug branch" In Steam:
    • Right click with your mouse over BeamNG.drive
    • Select properties in the popup menu
    • Select Betas tab
    • Enter code qUMpSB3q7vVEKASE and click in "CHECK CODE"
    • Select Debug - Debug branch in the drop menu
    • Wait for the installation
    • Run the game normally
    When a crash occurs, you should get a 'Crash Sender' window.
    Follow the instructions and submit the crash information, this way we can have a look at them.

After you have sent us a crash report, you can continue with two temporary workaround:

"Please do this only after sending us crash information using the above branch, this way we can gather useful information to solve the actual issue"

1. If the game is crashing when you reset/recover the vehicle (current issue with Intel HD Graphics 620/630), you can work around this by using CTRL+R to reset the vehicle instead, which has been reported to not trigger the issue.
    2. Switch the game to an older version: https://www.beamng.com/threads/igpu-intel-crashs-how-to-switch-steam-branch.64298/

#1 LuisAntonRebollo, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 5
  2. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

I can't run this here, and also, I can't install the 'graphics tools' on Windows 10 settings panel. I click the button to 'install', it kicks me back to the previous settings page after saying 'installing' and it does nothing.
    However, the other main release (which I moved to a different folder) still runs fine, provided I under-clock my video card by about 2~3%. 0.16.x still runs just fine along with most all other games I've tried (a few) on here.
    Not liking this Windows 10 at all, never seen such a wreck of an OS.

Attached Files:

• BeamNGdrive_NOGPU.png
  3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

The Diagnostic Tools pack is required to be able to run this branch. Without, you will encounter errors like that.
    The fact you cannot install it is out of our reach unfortunately, and may be one of those Windows 10 weird issues most of us have to deal with from time to time (although I had no issue getting the package right now).

Perhaps metered connection, if you have that enabled, is blocking that? ( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...tall-and/f68304f2-43f4-45a7-92ae-4865019a086e )
    I wish I could help you more than just saying to Google for that, but in this case that's my only suggestion.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Okay that makes sense, I figured I'd mention it. I downloaded it manually and have to run the command to add it in via command line.
    Stupid Windows 10... I knew I'd never like it going in, I really despised it before I put it on here, and now I hate it even more. Not your fault though.
    I will figure out what to do to make it run.
    --Gimme about a day on this.

5. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

What version is this, 0.17?

6. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I am glad to see this is now coming in with the 0.17 to find those weirder bugs that defy explanation thats good to see :)

7. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Cool, I'll try this when I get home. My game always crashes on startup after the cache has been cleared or the game has updated. Hopefully this will help y'all track down the issue.

8. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

OK, I downloaded this CAB manually. Went to administrator command prompt and got a nice delicious new error. It basically says "0x800f0818 error" which only said "Windows 10 sucks" to me.
    So, I cannot use this, sorry. I have given up trying on that for the night, there is nothing more I can do besides remove Windows 10 and put Linux on this computer.

I have never, in my entire life, seen worse computer software than Windows 10. Never. Not even Vista or Windows ME was nearly as bad. It's not your software, I'm not mad at you, I am just disgusted with Windows 10.

Linux here I come. I will use the old machine for BeamNG if needed.

9. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I've just tried out the debug branch, and I'm getting the DX11 error on Windows 8.1. Any suggestions to get it working?

10. Mystic_4D

Mystic_4D
    Expand Collapse

11. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

What I'm going to do is take the previous version of the game, and swap file folders until I can replicate it in an older version. Once that is complete, I will put the old file folder in the 0.17 to see if it stops. Give me until tomorrow noon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice