1. GPU Fatal Error? Intel HD Graphics 620/630 Crashes? Help us solve them!
    Dismiss Notice

Debug Branch - Updated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuisAntonRebollo, Aug 28, 2019.

1. LuisAntonRebollo

LuisAntonRebollo
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    Staff Member

What is this?
    This is a special branch of the game (v0.17), meant to help us gather more information with some crashes such as GPU Fatal Error, and especially if you use one of these video card:
    • Intel HD Graphics 620
    • Intel HD Graphics 630
    • AMD XT5700

Branch Information:
    Branch: debug
    Description: Debug branch
    Password: qUMpSB3q7vVEKASE
    (see below for Instructions)

How to use:
    Replicate the problem you are having with the normal version in this branch. When the game crashes, send us the Crash Reports using the Crash Report Tool you should see.

If you cant replicate any crashes in this branch, let us know in the thread.

This branch of the game run slower than default game branches, as it's packed with debug tools.
    This branch does not fixes the crashes you have in the normal version, they will happen here too as expected, so that we can gather more information about them!
    This is not meant to be used for normal usage.

Requirements:
    You must use Windows 10.
    You must install this additional feature pack to your Windows 10:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...nd-visual-studio-graphics-diagnostic-features

Other OS do not have the tools above, which are required for us to get the information we need regarding the crashes.

Instructions
    To switch to the "Debug branch" In Steam:
    • Make sure you installed the feature pack linked above first!
    • Right click with your mouse over BeamNG.drive in your Steam Library.
    • Select Properties in the popup menu
    • Select Beta in the tabs
    • Enter the Password and click in "CHECK CODE"
    • Select Debug - Debug branch in the drop menu
    • Wait for the installation
    • Run the game normally
    When a crash occurs, you should get a 'Send Error Report' window.
    Follow the instructions and submit the crash information.

After I do this, how can I play the game normally?
    After you have sent us a crash report, you can continue with two temporary workaround:

"Please do this only after sending us crash information using the above branch, this way we can gather useful information to solve the actual issue"

1. If the game is crashing when you reset/recover the vehicle (current issue with Intel HD Graphics 620/630), you can work around this by using CTRL+R to reset the vehicle instead, which has been reported to not trigger the issue.
    2. Switch the game to an older version: https://www.beamng.com/threads/igpu-intel-crashs-how-to-switch-steam-branch.64298/

#1 LuisAntonRebollo, Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

We have updated this branch.
    It should work fine in Windows 7 and Windows 8 too, except the information we get is more limited than Windows 10 (would still be useful for us though).
    We also fixed some issues with the crash reporting, so it should overall give us better information regarding GPU related issues.ù

I'd like to invite those that are experiencing GPU issues such as:
    - Fatal GPU Error (excluded those caused by overclocking)
    - Intel HD 620/630 crashes when resetting or crashing a vehicle

to send us new crash reports using the above branch. This is the most effective way to be able to investigate and solve those issues.
    This also extends to those that already sent crash reports with this branch previously, as the new ones would be more useful for us.

Thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

We have updated this branch another time.
    We got few reports to work on, but they got us new hints to get closer to solve those issues.
    Thanks a lot to those that contributed. As we keep digging, we are adding more checks to this branch.

It would be great if those affected by the issues mentioned above, could send us new crash reports using this branch. Again, this also extends to those who have done this already in the past too.

Thanks for your time.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ticker126

ticker126
    Expand Collapse

thank you guys!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ANDI_M

ANDI_M
    Expand Collapse

Hi, the reseting the car is crashing the game thing is happening to me.

I changed to an older version of beamng but i've tried the debug branch and sent some crash reports.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. peeweetheparakeet

peeweetheparakeet
    Expand Collapse

whatever fix or update that was recently released has made it crash when loading a map.

7. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

I installed the debug branch and the feature pack, but when the game crashes (which is whenever I reset a vehicle or crash too hard) I just get the regular crash report window and not the "Send Error Report" window you showed. For the time being I'm stuck on the 0.16.3 workaround, and I'd like to do what I can to get that rectified, but apparently I'm doing something wrong when I try to send crash data.

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

It looks like your crash did not trigger that.
    You could try starting the game, and if there are crashes pending to be sent, you should see a notification in your Windows taskbar.
    If not, your crash did not trigger a crash report for some reason.

Anyhow, we have updated the debug branch again, with more information for us.
    Same story as above, it would be great if you could re-contribute if you can :)

9. Crispy06

Crispy06
    Expand Collapse

ive been getting the gpu fatal error everytime i play . it normally happens whenever i crash at a high speed and reset my vehicle, or just crash at high speed. one time it happened when i was doing the suspension test with the bruckell legran on gridmap and my game froze and crashed

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

That's why this debug branch exists, to help the devs find a fix for this known issue.

11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

Hello people, so a quick update:
    We have received some new reports (thanks a lot!), although most of them were sent without having the 'Graphics Diagnostics Tools' feature pack installed.
    That pack is required for us, as it allows the crash reporter to grab more information regarding the crashes in this branch.

Also, we forgot to mention (but now specified above) that this whole thing is pretty much Windows 10 only, due the diagnostic tools we need being only available for that.

12. Sebas-Kitty

Sebas-Kitty
    Expand Collapse

does this bug also appear on the intel hd 615? i got a device here using that gpu

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

We don't have confirmations yet, but it's possible.
    You can quickly check by seeing if the game crashes when you reset a vehicle (which is the current issue the 620/630 have).
    If it happens on the 615 too, then yes, and in that case it would be great if you could send some crash reports following the instructions in the first post.

14. kidsh06 2

kidsh06 2
    Expand Collapse

when will you be able to find a fix, and is the IGPU crash fixable. also if it is not, than would you advise players to stop playing the game if they have a IGPU? or get a different GPU entirely?

15. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

They’re working on a fix, that’s why this debug branch exists. If it isn’t, I’m sure they’d take the IGPU workaround branch (which is 0.16.3) and label it like the legacy branches for DirectX9 and DirectX10, which are also unsupported older versions of the game for people whose hardware can’t support the latest version.

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

To start, all iGPUs are below the game's minimum requirements, the minimum requirements start with DX11 capable dGPUs.
    Said that, you can still play the game at your own risk, and we will do what's possible to avoid problems with them.
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Requirements

This issue is only present with certain Intel iGPU, the 620 and 630 series. We don't have any machine with those specific models, so we cannot directly check what's happening.
    And even if, it does not seem to occur to all the users having those (as some are using different Intel drivers), which often a custom version for that laptop specific model or so.
    That's why this thread exists, so that people that are having such issues can help us investigate this by sending us their crash reports, using the above specialized branch.

When we can fix that is a pretty though questions.
    Depends on how many useful crash reports we get that allows us to get closer to the issue.
    And yet, it's unsure if this is an issue with the Intel driver themselves, since some users reported getting their issue solved using newer ones. In that case things are quite different.

17. bloxboy854

bloxboy854
    Expand Collapse

how can i know if it is GPU or IGPU
    --- Post updated ---
    beamng is obsolete for IGPU?
    i have AMD Radeon
    i have windows 8

18. ChargedCharger

ChargedCharger
    Expand Collapse

Hey could the problem be that technique you used to get better optimization causing a fight between the game and iGPU's? Edit: Not only did my game crash, but it crashed my computer.

#18 ChargedCharger, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  19. Sebas-Kitty

Sebas-Kitty
    Expand Collapse

okay wil update the game and test it right now

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

This is not normal.
    Game related issues would cause issues to the game mainly.
    If your whole system is crashing, you might have other kind of issues, probably related to the system itself.

Could be, every GPU model and brand work in different ways on the low-level. Some issue could occur on certain models/brand because of how the data is processed by the hardware/drivers, and may not appear on others.
    There are tons of different models out here, so it's not feasible to be able to test every single one of them. To that, add the different driver version every user could have, and so on.
    These kinds of issues are rare anyhow, they may still happen from time to time, but it's not the norm.

That's why this thread and the debug branch is here, for us to get information from users affected by this issue, as we don't have access to this specific hardware.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice