1. GPU Fatal Error? Intel HD Graphics 620/630 Crashes? Help us solve them!
    Dismiss Notice

Debug Branch - Updated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuisAntonRebollo, Aug 28, 2019.

1. ChargedCharger

ChargedCharger
    Expand Collapse

The Window went transparent and wouldn't let me do anything on my desktop, and had to do a hard reset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

Just wait.
    The game could freeze when loading the game, but it does not mean it has stopped working.
    Don't press any button or click anything, else it will trigger the 'Not Responding' Windows thing.

How long it takes depends on the level you are loading, and how fast is your PC.
    The bigger official level should not take more than 3 minutes on a slow HDD.

3. PriusRepellent

PriusRepellent
    Expand Collapse

I have an all-AMD build (X570, Ryzen 3700X CPU) with no iGPU, and Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU. On the latest drivers, I have never experienced any graphics errors on BeamNG.Drive on official levels, or otherwise. I noticed a post in this thread mentioning iGPUs possibly conflicting so I thought this reply might be helpful in identifying that.

4. caddy57

caddy57
    Expand Collapse

i have an amd rx 480 and i have the same problem but it works just fine on the gridmap
    --- Post updated ---
    i just had to delete my cache folder and everything seems fine right now

5. ChargedCharger

ChargedCharger
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I noticed that Grid Small Pure didn't suffer from the Physics Reset Crash but it still did it when the crash was too violent.

6. ProPUBGplayer66

ProPUBGplayer66
    Expand Collapse

I bought the game on Humble Bundle, I assume there is no way to download this because of that?

7. crazysim

crazysim
    Expand Collapse

I took a page from what the Hitman 2 community was doing before they had a native DX12 implementation which didn't crash left and right on Nvidia Cards and tried DXVK on my work computer's "Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics 655". Pressing Insert crashes. Using DXVK, I can press Insert and torture test with Ctrl-R all I want. No crashes. I don't play on Intel cards and the quality/performance is crappy enough anyway that I can't tell any rendering or performance differences.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to add as I don't use Intel cards for gaming. But this was just something stupid I wanted to try and report on since I saw the announcement atop these forums. I don't think this will help the debug effort that much but it's an interesting workaround I wanted to bring up.

#27 crazysim, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

This branch is only available on Steam.
    Your Humble Bundle purchase does include a key to redeem the game on Steam at any time:
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Humble_Bundle

9. nicholas.magaldi1

nicholas.magaldi1
    Expand Collapse

My computer has this exact problem! The game doesn't just crash when resetting the car. It also crashes sometimes when crashing cars and in slow motion. I found this out when I was on grid map and just after the car hit the wall it crashed the game and said "Fatal GPU error the GPU isn't responding". Really hope this helps you guys track down this problem. Keep up the amazing work that always amazes the Beam community.

10. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

Just submitted my own report. I kind of blame getting this problem myself on having to downgrade from a minitower with a pretty awesome RX 570 to this laptop which has integrated graphics. Hope I've provided the details you need to push a fix for 0.18.

Thought I also should mention, I seem to not have this issue where my operating system stops dead while the game is running, and I don't get fatal GPU errors on every single respawn. It happens after I've sufficently damaged vehicle, though, or if I try to respawn when the vehicle is in that state.

#30 Toron Beldevar, Nov 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019 at 7:43 PM
  11. dapul13

dapul13
    Expand Collapse

yeAh something similar happened to me: I was trying to fix the game from crashing whenever I reset but instead the game crashed my computer- task manager says that this program that I don’t recognize was using 90 percent of my gpu-

I had to reset my computer. No, I don’t have a virus, and I have an intel 620- pls fix this issue. I had this game for like two years and then I come back to play and I have no issues. I decide to update the game and suddenly it crashes every time I reset.

12. LucasKR

LucasKR
    Expand Collapse

Olá sou um usuário brasileiro, toda vez ao colidir em alta velocidade ou renderizar um veiculo meu jogo simplesmente se dá como Fatal Erro GPU, já fiz de 3 a 4 envios de relatório de erro, antes de ser dito que seja culpa do meu sistema, apos a atualização que se deu esses problemas...Achei que fosse o nível gráfico sempre rodei no normal depois desses erros abaixei e mesmo assim erro todo momento...:(:(

13. ChargedCharger

ChargedCharger
    Expand Collapse

Eu sou um usuário americano, então tive que usar o Google Translate: é realmente o jogo que está dando o erro, é para isso que serve o tópico, portanto não se preocupe, eles estão trabalhando em uma correção o mais rápido possível.

14. Yota

Yota
    Expand Collapse

So I've toyed around with the debug branch a bit. I've been unable to recreate a crash, which is enjoyable for me, but somewhat unhelpful for the dev team. I recently switched to the non debug full release, and was greeted by a GPU not responding error as soon as the textures loaded in. I used this advice from Nadeox, which actually made the game run for about 5-10 minutes until it crashed again. I'd have to do more testing to see if it's correlated, but I figured I'd post this.

EDIT : Both crashes occurred in safe mode!

#34 Yota, Nov 16, 2019 at 5:50 AM
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019 at 4:58 PM
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice