1. GPU Fatal Error? Intel HD Graphics 620/630 Crashes? Help us solve them!
    Dismiss Notice

Debug Branch - Updated

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LuisAntonRebollo, Aug 28, 2019.

1. crazysim

crazysim
    Expand Collapse

For me, I go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\Bin64", and I copy all the DLLs in the x64 folder of the DXVK archive to the Bin64 folder. This was what I meant by putting them next to the BeamNG exes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. crazysim

crazysim
    Expand Collapse

Here's a video of the DXVK workaround in action. No crashes. Well, just vehicular ones you know what we all do around here.

Lots of mashing Ctrl R, Insert, and some hard hard straight into wall or into other vehicle crashes.

Don't mind the extra HUD I turned on in DXVK.

This is on the latest release version of BeamNG.drive.

#42 crazysim, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  3. [C5] Mutlak15

[C5] Mutlak15
    Expand Collapse

I found out the problem with mine. I have a HP Pavilion Gaming laptop with a nvidia gtx1050ti. I ran a second monitor as Main Display and i would have the problem of beamng drive using intel graphics instead of nvidia graphics. My solution is DON'T RUN YOUR SECOND MONITOR AS MAIN DISPLAY

4. Yota

Yota
    Expand Collapse

Hope this will be brought to 0.18! Cannot run the new 0.18 for more than a few minutes :(

5. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

(James May voice) Good news!

While at first I had problems with the game loading so slowly it crashed, DXVK did eventually work, and now I can run 0.17 (and 0.18 too!) without the game crashing whatsoever! There is a slight dip in performance/framerate, and I have to put the DLLs back in the Bin64 folder every time I clear the cache (which is often because I work on a lot of personal mod projects), but it's well worth it to get to drive the Bluebuck and overhauled pickup in the new Utah! Thank you very much crazysim for the fix! I recommend others try it to see how well it works across different iGPUs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mad_Makaron

Mad_Makaron
    Expand Collapse

I cleaned cash and reinstal the game after update) after this game work very good.
    PS: I downloaded some mods too.

7. crazysim

crazysim
    Expand Collapse

Great to hear! I haven't had a chance to try BeamNG on an Intel GPU recently so I'm happy to see DXVK on Windows working for someone else on 0.18 which I haven't tried with yet. I was worried the lower end Intel GPUs would be so horrible that the overhead with DXVK would be fatal but I guess not!

Fun story about the DXVK approach. I first heard of it being used to work around Hitman 2 crashes with DX11 on Nvidia cards. I left feelers out for a similar approach for Sims 2 (DX9) users with high end GFX cards on Windows 10 which eventually started to be fully playable around Q3 2019 with D9VK. Seeing this thread, I tried DXVK and now we're back to DXVK being a fill-in for another DX11 issue but with Intel "cards".

I have to say, those D*VK guys are killing it.

8. Jm56Z

Jm56Z
    Expand Collapse

Apparently the latest (0.18) version is more stable. I could respawn simply 2 times before the game crashed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice