Decal/Mesh roads twisting when moving points

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Inertia, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I have been having a few problems with mesh roads and decal roads "twisting" while moving points. I am simply dragging them and they twist for seemingly no reason. I am not sure what the issue is but I am finding it quite annoying and it holds up map progress. If anyone knows what the problem is, please say. Thanks :)

Pic 1: Decal road before moving middle point
    progress32.PNG

Pic 2: After moving middle point by a small amount
    progress33.PNG

2. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

This is not a problem, it is by design. Its a spline based system, it will smoothly bend the road along the points you place.

The problem here is with how you are placing points, you should only place a few and place them very far apart, not a ton right next to each other. Spline systems are built to make smooth lines without having to place a million points, thats the whole purpose of them, to make it smoother and much faster than you could do entirely by hand :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Also, 'BreakAngle' controls how much the road 'subdivides'. Lower value means smoother curves, but shorter road (if you try to make a long road, it will become invisible after a certain point. That's the limit. Close that road and create a new one)

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice