Solved Decal roads being cut on minimap?

Discussion in 'World Editor' started by Techeyy, May 8, 2022.

1. Techeyy

Techeyy
    Expand Collapse

This is a ported map, I am manually adding decal roads to get working traffic and navigation.

However, the minimap is being cut off for some reason, and the decal roads stop appearing
    DesktopScreenshot20220507-21474738.png

I've drawn a red dotted line on my minimap where the roads appear to be cut off.

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

[edit] - solved almost a year later, fixed by opening the .js file of the navigation ui app, changing '2048' to '20480' and '4096' to '40960'

#1 Techeyy, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  2. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

possibly the border of the heightmap?

3. Techeyy

Techeyy
    Expand Collapse

I tried adjusting what I could find in the files but nothing changed in game. The only solution I see atm is to move ALL of the objects in the map to fit within the area that shows on the nav map, which is still cut off a little. do you know if there is an easy way to expand the heightmap via the game files? thanks

4. Disorder

Disorder
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem with a relatively large map. Anybody has a solution for this?

5. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

im guessing the nav minimap simply just has a filesize limit, and making it bigger, therefor a larger file, becomes problematic and it simply cuts off into a set distance from the center, im guessing the only way to fix this would be to edit actual game files to fix this

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Disorder

Disorder
    Expand Collapse

As stated I have the same problem with the path generated from waypoints on a relatively large map, on my end it seems to get cut off at around X/Y 2000/-2000. The strange thing is that on the in cockpit navigation unit the path is drawn all over the map, seems to be a problem with the navigator ui-app.

• Like Like x 1
  7. el_ferrito

el_ferrito
    Expand Collapse

I use the improved nav mod UI app. Can't remember the name, but it's for this exact reason. Seems to work. Doesn't fix the minimal issues though.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice