Solved Decorating a level with "inert" official vehicles : still need to copy dds files ?

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by DePains, Dec 28, 2017.

1. DePains

DePains
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

I'm finishing the map I'm working on, and I wanted to add inert vehicles to decorate it, say 5/6 models. So I added the .dae model file of the vehicle (caravan.dae from content/vehicles/caravan/ for example) in a folder of my mod, created a material.cs file with the materials needed (checking through the object editor) and copied all the dds files for texturing.
    I quickly arrived at an over 400 Mo folder. I would not be able to reduce it further than 200Mo I think. Considering they are included in the game, could I copy only the dea file and point the material.cs file to the original folder ?

2. thomatoes50

thomatoes50
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

You just need to define anywhere the materials from the caravan,
    Just copy the materials.cs to a subfolder in your map, it will be parsed and you should get the material.

Have you modified the .dae to make LOD ? it is advised if you want to used multiple times.

3. DePains

DePains
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for your answer !
    That's what I've done, just wanted to check with you if it was OK.

And I have not made LODs yet, I wanted to do that last. But thanks for the reminder.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice