1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Detecting new input controllers [solved]

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by mate_fin, Jul 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mate_fin

mate_fin
    Expand Collapse

So basically every time I try to launch beamng I just get a window that says "detecting new input controllers" and the game doesn't launch. tried reinstalling the game restarting my pc clearing cache launching in safe mode checked any programs that might be blocking beamng from launching and launching offline. Nothing.

2. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

I think (not 100% sure) this is your problem. Are you sure that you checked every program (including virus scanners) to see if they don't block Beamng from writing on your disc(s), especially in your user/documents/beamng. Also, do you have any of these (https://wiki.beamng.com/Incompatible_Third_Party_Software) softwares?

3. mate_fin

mate_fin
    Expand Collapse

It's not a virus scanner and I've checked all the third party software. Last time I had this issue it was MSI Afterburner. I tried disabling it checked for any updates and uninstalled it. Didn't work this time. Also I was able to launch the game fine in the first release of the 0.13 update but it won't launch after the hotfix
    --- Post updated ---
    actually the game just launched fine. Don't know what it was but I tried to launch the BeamNG.drive.x64 from the bin64 in the game files. For some reason launching it through steam didn't work so I launched it from there and it launched fine so I then tried from steam and it worked again. Don't know if the problem just fixed itself somehow or if launching the x64 fixed it. Worth a try though if you have this problem

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

If it happens only when using Steam, it could be the Steam Big Picture stuff that is interfering with the controllers stuff (Big Picture > Settings > Controller Settings should be all unchecked)

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice