1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Dev question

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Bubbleawsome, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

What is the scale of the cars, are they the scale of the hummer in ce3? In ROR we had a bunch of scale problems. I am making a map and I want to make it the right scale the first time.

2. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

The scale of the vehicles should always be correct. If it isnt then it is the specific creators fault. I can assure you that Gabe knows what hes doing though, all vehicles will be scaled correctly to their real life counter parts.

3. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

No. I think he's saying will they be the same scale as the hummer in ce3. He's building a map, but it wouldn't make sense to build a map without knowing the size of the cars. ;)

4. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

The sandbox editor already has a scaling system. :\

I assume that they have scaled the physics system appropriately, and in the demo videos the textures and vegetation seemed to display to the correct size I would expect while making a map for Crysis or Crysis 2.

The problem with creating a map for BeamNG's game at this moment is that we don't exactly have the textures that will be provided with BeamNG's game. If we were to load the map up in their game, it would be pretty funky.

....Unless they are using the stock textures from the Sandbox SDK? Or something..
    Either way, once they release it we should have access to everything we need to make our own maps.

#4 joytech22, Oct 16, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  5. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

The size of the cars will be the same size they are in real life. So build everything to real life scale and there will be no problems. Thats what i was saying. You really gotta find something better to do than argue with people on internet forums all day... And DO NOT reply to this with something unrelated to this topic like you keep doing everywhere else.

6. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Chill dude. You're not exactly "Mr. Perfect Forums Guy" either. Anyway, good to know. I'd love to start making terrains myself.

7. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Will you start posting ontopic? my Whats New tab is full of posts from you that have little to do with the subject matter. Its just you getting, as you put it, "Caught up in arguments". I come here, see alot of new posts and I'm hoping for news. Turns out its 20,000 posts from you and only 5 of them have been relevant. Please tone it down.

#7 Hati, Oct 16, 2012
  8. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Well, you weren't exactly on topic either. But that makes sense that it would need to match the size on the human in the sdk. Didn't think about that. :p

#8 Bubbleawsome, Oct 16, 2012
  9. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

Alright then. I don't really know which comments of mine have been irrelevant, but I'll do my best to stop posting them. ON TOPIC: If the scale is the same as the ce3 hummer, I will try to build a map myself. It won't be much, but it will be fun! Will maps from other editors still be compatible though? Or do you have to make it in the ce3 editor thing.

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Think it's ce3 only.

11. Hondune

Hondune
    Expand Collapse

I believe you are able to package textures with your map right? So you would get your own textures from cgtextures.com or your own photos or whatever, and package them along with the map upload. This way you are not waiting on the game, and your map is more versatile and doesn't rely on BeamNG in any way.

12. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

Honestly I've never tried, but I had my own issues porting over my maps to the original Crysis just to the Crysis Warhead/Wars editor.

I'm not sure though but I'll certainly investigate it.. I love making maps. :D
    I'll finally feel useful during the development of a game haha. Well.. After development.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice