Developer View

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xcmt21, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Xcmt21

Xcmt21
    Expand Collapse

I don't know how on board the devs are with this, because its only an idea....but... It is just an idea. This would probably be the first time any game developer has done this.

It would be to do something like a timelapse on the overall build of BeamNG. Example would be like Gabester modelling a car. As I know modelling a car can take several days to complete fully, but It might be broken up into segments. (Ex. Day1 build blog on BeamNG (Part 1,2,3,etc))

-- I think this would be a tremendous help to the community simply because most of the people who will hear about the game 'after the release' and then buy it do not know how much effort goes into making such a project like BeamNG. (Ex. Gabester modelling a car, or LJFHutch working on the map, and texturing)

Anyhow, this is just an idea. Good work on the game so far Devs, it look amazing, and hope everything works well.

~X :cool:

2. Flappyzor

Flappyzor
    Expand Collapse

This would be really cool actually. I'm considering mapping for when a demo of BeamNG comes out, so ill probably do some sort of time lapse since I've been editing with the Sony editing products since 2010.

3. David Fortsc

David Fortsc
    Expand Collapse

It wouldn't be too terribly bad to do but I think priority right now is finishing up what's so close to being finished. It takes time to make time lapses and not only that but it also takes hard drive space. :p

4. LJFHutch

LJFHutch
    Expand Collapse
    Environment Artist
    BeamNG Team

Time lapses are quite difficult and time consuming to do, but what we can do is post some dev pics, just dropping some in the screenshots thread now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice