Developers Curating Mods

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Evie Is Scared, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Evie Is Scared

Evie Is Scared
    Expand Collapse

By curating mods, I mean making mods official parts of the game.

Give the mod creators an in-game shoutout, expand the game's content/make the game better, and interact with the community even more!

Aaaaand... (If it's a vehicle/config) give it a different symbol instead of the "Official BeamNG.Drive" thing in the corner.

Idk just an idea that I've been thinking of for awhile.

2. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

It's a nice idea, but who'll be responsible for keeping it up to date? unless they pay the modder

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Evie Is Scared

Evie Is Scared
    Expand Collapse

Id be more of a motivation thing?

4. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

i dont think many good things will come up from this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It starts getting messy with the legal side of things if they were to start adding player created content into the game. I don't know how many modders would like to have their content become a part of the game, especially if it means they no longer technically own the mod. Then there's the problem of quality, where many of the mods here, though they are very well done, don't meet the standards of default content for the game.

I think the current repository system works very well for the purpose of featuring mods, so if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I don't think they have time to sit around and wait for a modder when they may already be ready to push out a new build etc... in fairyland, it's a great idea, but there are just a few too many variables/inconsistensies to make it work nicely. Sorry bud

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice