1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

Development screenshots #1 [Closed]

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by gabester, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I love bleeding edge builds, so we have two of us. What probably will happen if you allow end users to opt into the bleeding edge builds is exactly what you say; we're going to get morons shitposting over unfinished content. But yesterday I saw many people descend upon a man for using internet explorer as his web browser. We have a low tolerance for misinformed people here. Anyone shitposting over unfinished content and features in a bleeding edge will likely get dealt with in the same way white blood cells deal with things. The problem susses itself out, we don't like idiots and will inform them until they're declared smart (or banned).

Thats my two cents.

2. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Can we please not bitch at sam for giving us screenshots in the future? It's quite counterproductive.

3. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

At least for once an argument got resolved properly. If only the rest of the forum would do that it would be peaceful for once :p

4. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Maintaining two separate clients over Steam would be a bigger waste of time than it would be worth, IMO. You'd be essentially splitting resources by having to maintain and upload separate builds, and even if it's only a short delay, it's still distracting team members from the main work. I'd much rather wait 2 months for a great, stable client than wait 1 week for an unfinished, potentially unstable build in bad shape just because I'm impatient and want a new vehicle .(which would also likely lack in presentation/first impressions because it's not finished. I'd rather appreciate completed work before whining)

Instead of drip-feeding unfinished content through an experimental branch, only for people to download it because "omg new cars" and not realise it's less stable, I'd like to just wait for the full update, because it'll grab everyone's attention for longer with being stable and more packed with content.

5. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

--- Content Not Found ---

I made an irrelevant post here :p Ignore this

--- Content Not Found ---

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I personally see both sides of the argument here but arguing really isn't very productive here.

Personal opinion. I would love weekly updates yes - who doesn't, but I still have plenty of waiting ability left in me since the last update and I can wait a whole lot longer for our next update. Best solution to keep everyone happy may well be the steam betas opt in program (which btw can also be used to provide older builds of the game for the occasional person that for whatever bizarre reason doesnt like updating) with more frequent but likely broken builds on there and then the main updates coming out less frequently but that itself may end up wasting dev time.

Right now we can all see that the sunburst doesn't even have seats. Do you guys really want that to be publicly released considering the sheer number of posts that get made on this forum which all come down to "answered/suggested before, use search"? It does look absolutely amazing though gabester, this is the car I have been waiting for.

Update wise. I am really looking forward to multi-dae, friction and collision improvements. Any vehicles are a welcome bonus.

7. TYLERTJ

TYLERTJ
    Expand Collapse

Well said, I can see many agreeing to this:)

8. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

This forum :| What happened? I mean you all want progress updates, right? Of course I'm right....then why bitch to Sam about the littlest stupidest things that he could care less about at this minute, all he wants is to let you guys know that there is progress being done and he wants you all to see it. Stop complaining about stuff "IN PROGRESS" ffs.

9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

i would also opt-in for something like this, but if it would really take enough time to slow down development for the stable release, then i say it's not really worth it :p

either way works for me though, as it's your guy's game, your guy's choice

10. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

This forum has the most bipolar group of people I know.

11. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

Makes me wonder?

12. Cira

Cira
    Expand Collapse

Bringing it up again, guess being last post on the last page on a hot topic is not good for readability. Bolded the important stuff for tdev/gabester.....

13. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

What the hell is going on? I do want content, but... i don't need it. The game now is more than epic enough, and more content will sure be good, but come on? i don't need it nececarilly, i can mod and junk around with the cars, and just doing the same crash situation over and over again it entertaining enough. I am going to be happy when the update is gonna come, but i am not gonna bitch about it not being released yet, because the state of the game right now is just good enough to be playable. I don't whink any changes to the development progress should be done, i think that little kids should be gagged.

@TheFastRacer. You are just a inpatient little twat, i bet that as soon as the race update comes you will be quiet for about a ... week? and then you are going and poke everyone why is there no new content. You are the kinda CoD player who needs a new game every year, because he has an attention span of a wooden horse. Really, learn to enjoy what you have, and don't require something new all the time, just because the month old stuff is just too old for you. If you really do need new stuff, then learn to make it youself. I don't say you should make a game, i say you can mod cars, i myself learned it in a day, and i bet my pants that the sunburst and t75 are the only reasons why you want the update, because you don't ever create anything, not even maps, so you are not the one to care about the content maker friendly updates. Just shush and go play some new CoD

14. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

A closed beta restricted to chosen people would be a good idea because it would eliminate pointless bug threads and stuff like that and the people in the closed beta would be encouraged to give constructive feedback instead of saying "NYEH THE GAEM SUKS ITS A NEXT CAR GAME RIPOFF WITH A TON OF BUGS" or something like that.

15. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

A close beta wouldn't solve either of those. There's always people who make pointless bug threads, and there's always gonna be dumb people thinking this is just NCG with a reskin and bad optimization.

16. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for insulting me like that. I'll report you as soon as I am finished writing this. You don't know ANYTHING about me, or my life. I don't even play CoD. So stop writing complete nonsense...

17. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

I don't know you, and i don't really know anything about you, nor do i care, but the way you show yourself on the forum is enough for me to deducate that i am not going to like you. Just your signature and the fact that you watch and are obessed with Top gear makes your immaturity obvious enough. I bet i am not the only person on this forum that thinks that, but nobody seems to care. Enjoy your report, and please don't go cry to your mommy; grow up.

18. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

So you judge me based on what I like to see on TV and what interests I have? Nice move. And I am Always quite mature on these forums, and I am annoyed about something once, then I get this? Seriously, wtf?

And ffs, I am not 'obsessed' with Top Gear. Just if you like something, doesn't mean you are obsessed with that!

19. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

>acting like a grumpy 12 year old

>implying other person is immature

>mfw

(imported from here)

20. The kEX

The kEX
    Expand Collapse

Nice, you got the shaking fixed? Cool, that is something i would be happy too see a little sneak preview of! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice