Do you like the new BeamNG logo?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by go14smoke, Oct 24, 2014.

?

Do you like the new BeamNG logo?

1. I like it!

69.2%
  2. It's okay.

17.3%
  3. I don't like it much.

13.5%
  1. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

#1 go14smoke, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

I personally prefer gradient designs over flat, but seeing as everything is going flat these days it will be more cohesive with other software. I think it was ultimately a good decision.

3. BlueScreen

BlueScreen
    Expand Collapse

Gabe and tdev voted "I like it". Boosting vote count, eh?

4. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I prefer the old style, but a logo doesn't make much of a difference for me.

5. NaxNir

NaxNir
    Expand Collapse

Add this to the title post:

Old Logo - 5aefdec7b9e2430a8d05545cd3b2cb5c.png

New Logo - vbulletin4_logo.png

6. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I didnt' notice. but I always figured gradients are something you grow out of once you're 7 years of age and stop using microsoft word to print out flimsy birthday cards in comic sans rainbows. Its a move in the right direction

7. IamNameless

IamNameless
    Expand Collapse

I don't like either of them. Old one is too 1990's and the new one is too simple..

8. chris_lucas

chris_lucas
    Expand Collapse

I like the new one cause its simplistic and I love that.

9. EvilSoul

EvilSoul
    Expand Collapse

To be honest? Logo is my least concern, I am more interested in the game progress...

10. Rage

Rage
    Expand Collapse

I came up with these concepts several months ago for a simplistic logo

(imported from here)

11. IamNameless

IamNameless
    Expand Collapse

12. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I quite liked the old one but the new one a little less. While I usually prefer flat designs I feel that the new one lacks interest. The font of the text next to it looks a bit odd next to the logo in my opinion. I think it's because the text and logo have a different line thickness. The text looks nice though so I think it's the logo that I am a big less fond of.

Probably just me though and I can't currently think of a better way to do it. I will likely give it some thought though.

13. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I don't really have an issue with either but I guess if you want my opinion then I would have the old logo with the new text. I do get funny looks when I tell people about BeamNG though. They have no idea what I'm on about when I give them the name. One of my friends said whats is it about, teleporting black guys or something? I wet my pants as I hadn't seen it like that before.

14. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Well crap, I was avoiding giving a shit about this topic but I'm bored. I like the new tougher and bolder looking font and jammin', I too have that same issue. Deer in headlights
    when I say "BeamNG". They don't even know what to say and the discussion then falls into an awkward silence. Good thing I have screenies on my phone to re-rail the discussion.

15. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Actually i have to say that rage's designs pretty much made me sidereal what my issue is. The logo needs to be larger than it currently is with very slightly thinner than current beams to connect the nodes. I think that might "fix" it in my eyes, but as with pretty much all design everyone else's opinion may be very very different to mine.

16. Nickorator

Nickorator
    Expand Collapse

I like the new one. It just fits in better with the logos these days. I liked the old Windows and Apple logo but they both (Along with many other corporations) moved to a more 2-dimensional simplistic design. The old BeamNG logo made this website look like something out of 2005. I think it's an improvement.

17. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I'd be all for any of Rage's designs. The new logo is a little bit too fat for my tastes, but I'd certainly pick it over the only one.

Though I doubt it would go too far, I think Rage's designs deserve their own thread just to get them out there. Opinions?

18. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

I love the windows 98 logo, but i think thats mainly due to nostalgia reasons as opposed to anything else. I am still using my keyboard from them meaning i have the old style windows keys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice