Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Land' started by cascadeur1313, Sep 4, 2016.
Glad to see this again after a couple of years.
Any plans on adding the Dixie horn to this mod? It would make this ten times better
I Don’t know yet
If modding in horn sounds is easy then maybe
I want to preface this with the fact that I really like your mod, and I really like the 2nd generation Dodge Charger. And as such, I want to notify you on all the inaccuracies that I have noticed in the mod so that you might be able to correct them in future updates. Of course I am not demanding that you make these changes, and some are more apparent than others, but I would like to at least inform you on the things I've noticed so that you can decide on whether or not you want to "fix" them or not. I'm not here to mention bugs or glitches, because that will be a whole other comment, and I may mention some things that you are already working on/have already fixed, but I will base this list on what I've noticed from the mod that is available right now. I may not get everything, and some things I say may not be the most accurate, so I inquire you to research anything I say before putting them into the mod. Furthermore, I am not the most eloquent speaker, and as such I may not use the most accurate words, but I will try to be as clear and accurate as I can when describing what I've noticed and what I think you should change. With that out of the way, let's go on with the list.
1968 Dodge Charger:
- The rear tail panel under the bumper and above the exhaust tips should not have reverse lights. That's made redundant by the integrated reverse lights in the taillight assembly
- The headlights themselves should not rotate in the grille, they should instead just have doors that conceal and flip up.
- For 1968 only, the door lock stub (idk what else to call it, it's the thing you use to lock the door from the inside) is further to the rear of the door rather than to the middle
- There should be inner wheel wells (this is true for all models, not 1968 specific)
- I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure 1968 and 1969 model years came from the factory with bias ply tires only
1969 Dodge Charger:
- Rear Marker lights should match the front, the current ones are from a 1968 model year
- For 1969 and 1970, the fuel filler door should have a recessed black section in the middle that reads "FUEL"
- Once again, the headlights should not rotate, but should instead have a concealment door
- Again, I'm pretty sure 1968 and 1969 model years came with bias ply tires only
- Non-vinyl top cars should not have the chrome strip connecting the B pillar to the rear quarter panels. This is true with all model years, not just 1969
1969 Dodge Charger 500:
- Front and rear marker lights should be the same as a regular 1969 model
- The rear window on 1969 500 models should be flush with the B pillars instead of being recessed
- Same criticisms for the 1969 model year apply, such as the fuel filler cap, rear marker lights, and the chrome trim on the B pillar
1970 Dodge Charger:
- Rear marker lights should match the front, current ones are from a 1968 model
- Headlights should be concealed with a door rather than rotate themselves. Furthermore, I believe they are electric rather than vacuum operated and as such should move much faster
- Rear taillight panel should have chrome trim around it, as all 1970 model year Chargers have this chrome trim
- As with the 1969, the fuel filler cap should have a recessed black section in the middle that reads "FUEL"
- Once again, the B pillars should not have the chrome strip mating it to the rear quarter panel as it is not a vinyl top car
- The slots in the hood should have turn indicators in them
I would like it if you were to make a more realistic General Lee in addition to your current idealized version, but I am not here to list all the differences to the real General, as I am in no way a General Lee expert and there is plenty of variation and grey area when it comes to General Lees. I will only state a few points that I believe all General Lees have and which I believe is essential to making a General Lee:
- All parts should be that of a 1969 model year. They did use some 1968 models in shooting, but the car was supposed to be a 1969 model year
- The doors should be welded shut, preventing them from flying open when in a crash, or say, landing a jump
- The windows should be rolled down by default, how else are the Duke boys going to get in?
- There should be a CB antenna on the trunk or rear panel behind the rear window
I would like to finalize my message with be once again saying that I really like this mod, and I'm glad you are putting the effort into making and improving it. Once again, these are merely suggestions and I have no control on whether you heed my advice to make the mod realistic, nor do I expect you to. I just want to bring to your attention the inaccuracies I have noticed so that you may take them into consideration. And if you read this long and probably repetitive comment, I commend you. There's not many people who will take criticism or read long comments, and if you are one of them, I thank you very much.
Edit: Since posting this, I noticed a couple things that I think should be addressed in the mod
These are as follows:
- 1968 Dodge Charger with the 440 six pack should not have six pack internals. for 1968 Only, six pack equipped engines did not have heavy duty lifters or rockers or anything else that later model year six pack engines had. For 1968 only, they had stock internals
- I forgot to mention the General Lee should have a half cage, I think it's one of the things that makes an orange Dodge Charger with a flag on the roof into a General Lee
this will be very useful for fixing inaccuracies for future updates
Edit: Some of these inaccuracies are fixed already, such as the front and rear marker lights on the 500, the rear window on the 500 config, the front headlight not being fixed in place etc.
Thanks for taking my comment into consideration, it really means a lot. I really hope to see this mod improve, I really do enjoy it
The early General Lees had full cages in the first season. most General Lees did not have marker lights because the used 68 and 69s.. also the 440 six pack didn't come out till mid year 69 and that was on the lift off hood super bee and lift off hood roadrunner. not that it really matters i like the full cage General lee the best out of them all. thats all just personal preference. the mod is amazing keep it up!
I'll see with the shotty because I'm French and I don't all understand it.
One more point that was missed. All General Lees had a beige interior. I have actually seen one of the surviving cars and it was a beige interior (It was also beat to hell but that's another story).
Any chance we could get the 14" hubcaps used on the Bullitt Charger?
Just a quick heads up, you've misspelled the word "update" in the title.
This is hands down one of my Favorite Mods. Only things I'd like to see done to the General Lee if it's possible is Tan Interior and a CB Antenna. I can understand the Tan Interior may be too much work though. Anyway, Great Work! Thank You OP and all involved.
I Want Fast & Furious Edition
I've fixed most of the inaccuracies you've listed in your post and have condensed it down into this list here:
Oh this is Domini Toretto
This is really nice! The headlights look a little strange when flipped on and the turn signals don't seem to work with the later taillights. Also, for the Charger 500, it came with a different back window than the normal Chargers, but, other than that, it's really nice. Great job!