Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Land' started by cascadeur1313, Sep 4, 2016.
strip weathers was a superbird
Well this car IS really similar to the Superbird.
- Dodge creates the Daytona version of the Charger for high-speed NASCAR tracks for 1969.
- Petty, a contracted "Plymouth" driver, knows his non-aero Road Runner will be at a disadvantage, and asks Mopar to let him run the Dodge Daytona at the high-speed tracks. Mopar says no. He either runs Plymouth, or he gets no factory funding.
- Petty "walks across the street" to Ford and runs their aerodynamic Torino Talladega with factory funding for 1969, winning a few races, embarrassing Mopar. (Also, as a sidenote, Ford supporting Petty rather riled their long-time factory team Holman-Moody; some could argue that partnership was irreparably fractured)
- Mopar comes crawling back, begging Petty to "return to the fold" for 1970, he stipulates he either gets to run the Daytona with factory funding, or a Plymouth with similar aerodynamics.
- Mopar cobbles together the Superbird, which is essentially the Road Runner, but with Charger-front fenders grafted on, a Daytona nose (with different paint/decals to differentiate it) and a slightly differently-angled wing. Petty returns.
Unfortunately, Mopar was in far worse financial shape 8 years later, when all they could offer Petty was the Magnum, which had "dump truck aerodynamics", and Petty never drove a Mopar again, after going winless in '78.
isnt it releasing tommorow?
What is releasing tomorrow?
Daytona version of the challenger. Around a week ago he said it would be releasing next week
where did you get that idea?
about a week ago the dev said that it was going to release
today isn't sunday. you'll have to wait a day it seems
well now it is sunday
im so excited it feels like christmas morning
im gonna make a replica of a gold and red daytona toy i have
HELLO THIS IS DAYTONA.WIP Beta released - Daytona Charger | BeamNG
Hey looks great but also Where did you get the Mustang 65?
It's of his own creation