Don't buy GTA IV on steam!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by EruptionTyphlosion, May 19, 2017.

1. JBatic

JBatic
    Expand Collapse

try with different browser I used Firefox and when I clicked it it came up with a popup asking me what I wanted to do with gfwl setup.exe

2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't work, no matter what I do. It's not worth my time, I'm gonna go get a refund.

3. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

Its very simple, gfwl isnt compatible with win 10, so it wont work, i tried a lot of times,all methods possible. save maney and buy gta 5 or any older gta

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

GTA V is simply awful in my opinion, and there really aren't any old GTA's that are worth having on PC. Keep in mind that I have III, VC, and SA on PS2.

5. Ezo

Ezo
    Expand Collapse

so there is not much more that you can do, i buy the pack with the gtas from the gta 3 to gta 4 and episodes, there is no methods work now, in the 1.0.7.0 it was playable, and the new one isnt, rockstar and microsoft trying to kill an old (good) game

6. TheNodeMaster

TheNodeMaster
    Expand Collapse

GFWL is compatible with windows 10, it just doesn't work because the servers are non-existent. Also, just as a note to anybody who can't downgrade GTA 4, make a shortcut to "UpdateTitle.exe" with the shortcut "target" and "start in" boxes pointing to your GTA 4 directory. Once you've downgraded, make sure to rename the GTA IV folder to something else so steam doesn't automatically update.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice