1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Do's And Don'ts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Holland, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I though it was about time I make this thread. I'm going to list my do's and don't's on likely BeamNG. I think this will help the devs on making this product more outgoing.

Start with the basics
    Do's
    • I do like how this soft-body physics game is show something I have never seen before (before finding BNG).
    • I do like how members are trying to make vehicles for BNG.
    • I do like how members are making maps for BNG.
    • I do like how like forums, most of the members are nice.
    • I do like the quality of the product, the forums, the support, the consideration.
    • I do like how members help each other with their problems.
    • I do like the price of the game.
    • I do like the free updates, and the progress updates (keeping members informed).
    • I like the originally of BNG.
    • I do like Gabe's full support (to me anyway).
    • And tDev's full support as well.

Don't's

Please leave a comment telling your Do's and Don't's, and I'm only doing this to help BNG not take them down (if anybody thinks that).

From my point of view, you can really see where BNG is heading. Down the road of success!

#1 Holland, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

big changes need time, and we are 4 people only. You simply cannot compare our development cycle to some game studio with dozens of people working fulltime, paid on this. We try hard you know...

If you have problems with Moderators, do not open a flamewar in public. Rather try to resolve that situation in PM's or our support form.

3. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I know 100% what your saying, I competently understand. Many members don't like the lack, I have people come to and leave BNG for the lack of updates. They tell me, that BNG is getting boring for them and then goodbye they say, one of our best Skin makers just left yesterday due to those reasons. So I know what your saying, I just want to let people know. I'm not trying to take you down at all. Maybe, maybe I'm saying, if you like some more help, maybe consider hiring (not saying this for you to good out and hire people).

4. Malorkie

Malorkie
    Expand Collapse

do: add more customization parts in the game
    do: stronger drive train, or atleast the possibility to adjust to your likings

thank you. :)

5. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

More parts are coming. You can make the driveshaft unbreakable through modifying the .jbeam.

6. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

Hey man I wouldn't really talk too much about lack of updates. Compared to some projects I've followed they are doing great. I've had some wait for months while collecting donations (2006scape, projectrs06) just to release a buggy POS game that was down most of the time. Those dev's wouldn't talk to people nearly as much either, and would blame problems on everybody but themselves(more so projectrs06 than 2006scape in that regard).

- - - Updated - - -

almost everything is customizeable in the game but it's harder than in forza :p

7. Holland

Holland
    Expand Collapse

I understand what your saying. It's just people come to me telling me that they have had it with the lack of updates, I thought I'd ought to write those here. Not my fault they don't like it. And I was just letting the devs know about it, cause so many people have come to me telling me it. Personally I don't care to much about the lack, and before anyone says, well your speaking for yourself, well I'm not, the others doesn't want to be known of. An if they didn't go to support or tdev, that's not on me.

8. WrongBrothers

WrongBrothers
    Expand Collapse

I agree with everything you said, except for the community part. I like most of the community, but the people who blindly ask for downloads or criticize the physics because they've only ever played unrealistic racing games tend to get on my nerves.

9. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Do:
    I like that there is on going mod support; it means the game won't die after 2 months.
    Everything improved over RoR..

Don't:
    I don't like the current mod support :eek:;
    Lua is very limited and jbeam is slightly too. I mean in accessing the core of the engine(physics engine that is), such as being able to hack in slidenodes, moving nodes, that sort of thing. With jbeam, I don't really like how the transmission alters jbeam of the engine/how the turbo replaces the engine torque curve. Doing things with Lua is more like "hacking" things in rather than "adding".
    It would be nice to see multiple engines, per-vehicle inputmaps.

Exposing Lua code and being able to modify it is great, but it would be even better if we could do something in the game using Lua.

I realise that you are only 4, indie developers so I understand that you can't do everything at an instant.

An example of my problems with Lua: I wanted to add a engine.shiftLight field to jbeam, which I did, but I had to 'hack' it in the electrics.lua and drivetrain.lua, yes it's modding, but "addons" would be much better; you don't have to put all the car mods into a single file and manually edit it to suit the cars you're about to add, would be good for lua too.

Just going to repeat, I'm not flaming, this is what (imo) would greatly improve the game/mods (atleast for me)

10. Venomox

Venomox
    Expand Collapse

Lack of updates? I've been playing RoR .38 for over a year and a half. BeamNG has awesome update times.

11. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

ror has newer updates they just don't work with like 70% of the maps/cars out there.

12. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Well here is a short list of my *opinions* (that is the key word here)
    I do generally like the community, for the most part it's a very supportive and understanding community (from what i have seen anyways)
    I don't like the occasional immaturity of a certain few, surprisingly senior members that shows every now and then.
    I do like the uniquity of Beam.ng.
    I don't like the Russian pirates that we see all too often on the forums.
    I do like how many members are putting out quality content, as well as the volume of content that is ever increasing.
    And I also like how in touch the devs are with the community. They work hard as it is, so to see them communicating with and helping the community personally is definitely a nice thing to see.

That's about it for now

13. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Thread closed on request by OP...

#13 Mythbuster, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice