Drag racing

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by rexregum93, Jun 1, 2018.

1. rexregum93

rexregum93
    Expand Collapse

So i'm starting this thread to suggest and get suggestions about potential future additions mainly for drag racing, but also for high powered cars in general. Some ideas i have are for cars like the Barstow. Obviously they have the drag configuration for the Barstow, but it would be nice to see some more in depth modifications and tuning possibilities. Different engines, a turbocharger, and more adjustability for things like the nitrous.

For instance, it would be nice to see an option to swap out body panels for fiber glass or even carbon fiber to greatly reduce the weight of the car, taking out the interior panels and replacing everything with racing components. A good example is the drag barstow, it has the wheelie bars and everything, but it still has the stock dash with wood veneer and everything, remove all that and just install a digital gauge.

As far as making the cars more adjustable, we could have the ability to tune things like nitrous shot size and turbo boost pressure and set those according to gear. So you could set the nitrous to 1st=100kw, 2nd=200kw, 3rd= 300kw and so on. You could do the same thing with turbo boost, this would allow you to build the power gradually rather than all 1500hp at the starting line which usually results in a crash.

Another idea is to have a high power engine block option for all cars or even a totally separate racing engine all together. This would allow them to withstand more boost or nitrous without blowing up. Cars like the 200bx can't handle more than 20psi without exploding. So you can't really make that car very fast. I tried building a drag racing version and i could only get ~800 hp and barely manage a mid 10 second 1/4 mile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. carsonHickey14

carsonHickey14
    Expand Collapse

i would love early 50s and 60s period correct dragster wheels for the front and back. ex. some mag mouti spoked wheels etc

3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I’ve been dying for them to split up the drag cars into actual classes instead of just generic drag cars, especially since they added the asphalt/gravel tags to the other race cars. Gassers, pro-street, pro-mod... I wish...

I have seen a lot of people requesting boost by gear. I don’t recal the official word on it though.

The parts library is definitely lacking still, for some cars it’s kinda painful how few options we have. Really annoys me that we haven’t seen many parts added in the recent updates (although some parts got snuck in, such as the 90’s Pessima Nomi hillclimb parts) and interior options have been badly ignored so far. With new configs confirmed for the next update, I’m sure we will see a couple new parts but I doubt it will be many.

4. rexregum93

rexregum93
    Expand Collapse

Yeah we need more parts for drag racing and racing in general. Like one thing i thought of after i started this thread is parachutes. I wear my brakes out so fast when i get it up to 200 mph at the end of the 1/4th mile. I need like another 1/4th mile just to slow down because my brakes fade as soon as i hit the pedal.

5. carsonHickey14

carsonHickey14
    Expand Collapse

Also we need wheels that wont explode at high speed

6. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

What is high speed for you? BeamNG is a simulator so the tires will explode at ~500km/h just like in real life

7. carsonHickey14

carsonHickey14
    Expand Collapse

8. Dirtbikr98

Dirtbikr98
    Expand Collapse

At the very least I would like a RPM gauge mounted on the dash as a replacement for the navigation on all cars that reads up to 10k RPM with an adjustable shift light like a monster tach

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice