"Drive Straight" and "Follow Road" ai mode

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by crazikyle, Oct 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

There should be an AI mode where the car will drive in a perfectly straight line, regardless of wheel alignment or torque steer. For setting up head on collisions or other accidents on gridmap.

To accompany this, there needs to be a "Follow this Road" option, where the vehicle will follow the road. It is frustrating trying to set up t-bone collisions when the AI wants to turn down a side street or do a 180.

• Like Like x 3
  2. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

I usually just spawn I traffic cone down the road and make the car chase it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but can't you just hold the throttle down in one car, and TAB out to the other vehicle. The other car just keeps on at full throttle and you can setup crashes.

4. Hermironry

Hermironry
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but then there's torque steer and it's hard to line it up well
    --- Post updated ---
    Or maybe where you could set routes with a minimap or something

5. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

You can, but the car will not necessarily drive in a straight line due to wheel alignment or torque steer. Just try flooring a car in a straight line on grid map, and it will slowly veer off curse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice