1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Drive-train transmission bug?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Max98, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Max98

Max98
    Expand Collapse

Hello there,
    I've been having fun with lua lately and trying to add some turbo simulation into the drive train, but I've come through a bug (Maybe not?):
    When the turbo's power kicks in, while the car is mostly in the 2nd/3rd gear or over them, there is no more power going into the wheel, and instead, it acts like a heavy torque converter, because it still can accelerate but very slowly while the engine's rpm is at nearly max.
    The turbo code is almost the same as the one used in RoR, so the problem isn't from it.

Code: http://pastebin.com/xM8V1uMQ (Warning: dirty and hacky code, also not realistic for the moment, need to tweak it to work correctly with BeamNG, but does the job)
    The turbo's values are hard coded in a manner to show the problem for the moment, so all you need to do is just copy paste and go in-game. Works with any vehicle, mostly apparent using the Ibishu 200BX drift.

2. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

I think the "clutchTorque" in your transmission may be to low. If you raise the value it should be okay.

3. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

My guess is that you need to set the transmission clutchTorque value to handle the increased power. Careful not to go too high or it will make the drive wheels shaky in low gears.

4. Max98

Max98
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, that actually fixed the problem. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice