Driver Camera Roll lock

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by DeathCore, Mar 18, 2020.

1. DeathCore

DeathCore
    Expand Collapse

Although it's amazing the option to lock the camera to the horizon (sideways rotation; Y axis), it should be complemented by also locking it in the X axis rotation. So, this way, the head will stay steadier with bumps and elevations.

When camera is locked to the horizon, currently, the camera rotates in the Y axis to compensate car's movement, but it stays locked to the the car on the X axis. This creates a problem, cause the bumps on the road, specially the big ones which affects both fronts wheels at the same time makes it difficult to concentrate on the road.
    See below to understand my axis distribution.
    upload_2020-3-18_10-53-11.png

Just for clarification, this is not about the Look to Apex feature. It has actually nothing to do with it.

For you to have a better understanding of what I mean, I'll copy paste from this Assetto Corsa mod website:
    https://www.bsimracing.com/assetto-corsa-app-real-head-motion-v0-8-0/

"When you are driving a car, you are looking at the road ahead. All the bumps and movements the car makes are filtered out by the counteracting eye movements, resulting in a smooth view of the road, while the car cockpit is moving around.

When you are seated in a simulator your head is not moving at all, meaning there is no eye movement needed. This creates 2 issues :
    1) you can’t focus on the road, the road is shaking and not smooth, it’s difficult to drive.
    2) This can generate motion sickness.

So in a simulator environment, the camera should stay focused on the track and certainly not locked to the car cockpit. In general this is what the Real head motion App is trying to simulate."

Can you implement such camera behavior?
    Thank you for reading.

#1 DeathCore, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice