Dynamic reflections on parts of vehicle

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Evandman12345, May 6, 2018.

1. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

in cars the gps/infotainment system's are made of glass it would be cool if dynamic reflections were put on these parts of the vehicles.

because a few reflections on the ETK gps screen or the hirochi or the one you add would make it look better

might LAG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

They would not be reflecting the vehicle interior, but directly the outside, which would look pretty weird. Hence why no dynamic reflections there.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Ok just an idea also could you fix dynamic reflections you see the side of the vehicle when looking through them

would make parallel parking easier

4. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

I've previously suggested to remove the interior reflections from the bus for this exact reason. Sometimes I like to position the camera in the bus to get a passenger point of view, but with the ceiling reflecting the road it looks weird.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. BeamNG-For-Life

BeamNG-For-Life
    Expand Collapse

I remember in the old BeamNG drive, at least before it was moved to steam, the dynamic reflections included a reflection of the player's car. But then later the dynamic reflections were changed to not include the player's car. This made me a little upset, because I really liked the realism of dynamic reflections including the player's car. Now, I understand that some vehicles can have conflict if the reflections were like this, for example, sometimes if the mirrors are angled, they will just reflect the inside of the car only, and not really show what is behind the car. I had a problem like this while rendering a car model in Blender with reflective mirrors. But for the people like me who still want the player car to be reflected, if the dev's could please add a checkbox in the dynamic reflections settings that lets you switch between the current dynamic reflections settings (player car not reflected) when unchecked, and when checked, it will show the player's car. This would make me very pleased, as I not only use BeamNG Drive as a fun crash simulator, but I also use it as a regular driving simulator to help me prepare for driver's ed. So including the player's car in the dynamic reflections would be a great way to add realism. Also, having the player's car in the reflections can even create a blind spot in the area where the car would be seen in the mirrors.

6. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

You can create an interior cubemap as a compromise, if its really needed. Something like this works pretty well. You need a screenshot from each of the skybox angles (you can find these labeled in the world editor as so)

You can then get the materials.cs and skybox file from the "metalblur" skybox that comes with the game and change the textures to whatever you like. A separate folder can be made for each interior colour as you wish.

That will give you an effect like this. (hard to see in this example but the "redness" of the interior reflecting is noticeable)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Evandman12345

Evandman12345
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Smart I might try it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice