Easy to implement change to repository that would be a huge convenience!

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by randomhumanbein, Jan 1, 2018.

1. randomhumanbein

randomhumanbein
    Expand Collapse

Hi all! i will jump right in here. I would LOVE for the ability to cancel a download or to pick one in queue to download now. Sometimes the wait for a map can be VERY long, so in the meantime I would like to download this quick configuration or UI app and go play while it downloads. Without a simple 'download now' button I would have to close the game and reopen the game to stop the download. then unsubscribe from the Map, download the Ui then resubscribe to the map. Another issue this brings about is that I actually have the game installed on two different computers, and dont want the same mods on both. Unfortunately subscribing to them will make it want to download all the mods on either machine when I click Update all. I understand that i would basically need a separate account to prevent this, but being able to just cancel the download is a simple, yet impossible solution. I love this game and look forward to its continued improvement and thought this may be a simple thing to implement the devs should think about.Thanks!

Edit: Wow, I have been following this game since long before the first tech demo and played it ever since, and I realized this is my first post! I will try and stay more active in the community!

2. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

So what yous saying is

if 3 things are downloading
    you want the ability to make item 3 download before item one?
    if thats what your saying THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT
    i was trying to install like 100 mods at once (they were all updating)
    and everything i wanted first was put last

3. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for your feedback :)

4. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

:D

5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Why not just download the .zip files directly, you can do that in whatever order and add them without needing to close the game even. That sounds like a lot less hassle than this.

6. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

that would take lots of time

7. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

You just click download then drag the zip into a folder???

8. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

no if your downloading from in game

9. randomhumanbein

randomhumanbein
    Expand Collapse

still doesn't solve the issue of it downloading mods i dont want automatically between my two machines. I should be able to cancel a download without closing the game. That's pretty a pretty standard mechanic that should be in the game, regardless of what method you choose to get your mods. What if I was just browsing the repository and accidentally clicked on subscribe for some huge map. You cant even click unsubscribe until its done downloading a huge file.

10. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

If you click download now it doesnt do any of that.

11. randomhumanbein

randomhumanbein
    Expand Collapse

This is in reference to the repository, not downloading the zip files manually. I did that before the repository, so I am aware it can be done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice