Editing skin in real time

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Zero, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

Hi. I've started to skin the 200bx a little bit, but what annoys me is that, I have to exit the game everytime I wanna apply the skin, due the fact it's in a .rar. Is there a way to get it out of the rar, and still make it work in game so I can change skin in real time? Thanks.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Extract the vehicle in Documents > BeamNG.Drive > mods > vehicles and you should be able to see changes in realtime.

3. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

I just tried it, but when I try to save it, I just get an error that it's open in another program (beamng)

Error code if needed:
    Code:
    System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)

at PaintDotNet.IO.SaveTransaction.Commit() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\IO\SaveTransaction.cs:line 146

at PaintDotNet.Controls.DocumentWorkspace.<>c__DisplayClass30.<DoSave>b__28() in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\DocumentWorkspace.cs:line 2969

at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Try(Action f) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 174

#3 Zero, Jun 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  4. SoHigh00

SoHigh00
    Expand Collapse

Yup that's the same problem I have when modding in Documents\BeamNG.Drive\mods

What I do now is have the car extracted in

Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\vehicles\your_car

If you want to extract the coupe it will extract to a new vehicles folder. So it's going to look like this:
    Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\vehicles\vehicles\coupe
    Take it out of that folder and put it in the first vehicles folder:
    Steam\steamapps\common\BeamNG.drive\content\vehicles\coupe

Now you have to get the original coupe.zip out of that folder and store it somewhere safe as a backup and it should let you update your texture without having to restart. You may have to reload the map before every update...that's pretty anoying too but better than restarting the game imo.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Open the file before you open beamng.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice